In good enough shape, but constantly hold in belly

Options
Hi guys

I've been working out like crazy since June 2012 ever since I caught the fitness bug

I've dropped 2-3 dress sizes and inches from all over my body, haven't lost much weight but I assume I've gained lean muscle instead, I've only dropped about a stone in weight though people always comment on my weight a assume I've lost about 2 stone.

Measurements are 31,30,37 and I'm 5 foot 5

I do weight training and tons of cardio, though I'm really concerned about my belly. I have a good enough figure but I always seem to be holding my stomach in. I've cut dairy and alcohol from my diet for 3-4 months now, but noticed no difference.

Literally when I don't hold my belly in I look as though I'm 4-5 months pregnant.....I just don't understand it! Does any one know what might be the cause? I thought it might just be belly fat so have blitzed cardio and abs exercises but they just don't seem to get rid of my tum.....could in be anything serious?

Thanks in advance guys:)

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    check sodium, and maybe try eating less, breads, and pasta type foods, thats what makes me bloat and look prego
  • this1bigdog
    this1bigdog Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    It's deep tissue fat that is under the abs. . just keep at it and you will get there. . .I have the same problem. . .my abs are on the outside (and still have some fat on teh outside too) that fat just comes off last to 1st . .and belly is the 1st place it's normally stored . .keep on a trucking your waist/stomach will get there!
  • Barbie040986
    Options
    Just read up on deep tissue fat......so very much like this is my problem! Thank you so much