Need help with hunger and energy

Options
I started taking Cellucor Super HD to give me energy but most importantly curb my hunger. Well I am used to them now. They don't really curb my hunger or give me energy. I am on week 7 of taking them though. I know it says that your supposed to stop taking them at 8 weeks. Which is why I decided to stop taking them to wean myself off of them. My issue would be finding a solution for my hunger and energy. My husband told me that I should not start up anything else because its all pretty much the same stuff. Usually when I'm extremely hungry (or think I am) I will drink water or coffee to fill me up. That only works to an extent. I also have been feeling so drained all the time. Need some helpful advice on how to get past this.

Replies

• Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    EAT PROTEIN AND LOTS OF IT DEAR!!!!!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    There are 160 milligrams of Caffeine in every dose of Cellucor Super HD. The body can tolerate up to 300 milligrams of Caffeine a day so if you take Cellucor Super HD, you’ve already reached half your quota. Unfortunately, some people consume too much caffeine from other sources. A cup of coffee can have as much as 200 milligrams of caffeine. So if your day consists of taking 2 to 3 cups of coffee AND supplements with caffeine, then you’re going to get signs and symptoms, even Cellucor Super HD side effects.

Cellucor Super HD hosts a lot of ingredients that can raise your body heat. Capsaicin or red chili pepper extract in Capsimax form alone can raise your body temperature to barely tolerable levels. That’s not counting the “niacin flush” from Vitamin B3 Niacin.

Another one of the Cellucor Super HD side effects is the diuretic effect of some of the ingredients, in particular the Dandelion extract. It’s annoying for some people having to get up and go to the john. Again this is considered as one of the beneficial Cellucor Super HD side effects. Urination will help reduce toxins or free radicals that formed in your body after burning fat. Urination also helps relieve some of the Cellucor Super HD side effects such as body heat. Deal with this side effect by increasing your hydration. You’ll be replacing lost water from sweat and urination at the same time.

If you feel like you are experiencing other Cellucor Super HD side effects, the first thing you should do is talk to your doctor before continuing use of the supplement. Most Cellucor Super HD side effects are minor or beneficial but if it impedes your activities of daily living, again consult your physician.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Need more info. Height, weight, age, calorie goal, macro breakdown, exercise?
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3...183.4 pounds...24 years old...I am currently sticking to 1200 calorie intake. I do turbo fire 6 days a week and just started lifting weights 3 of those days...I do not eat red meat...mainly chicken, turkey, and fish....i also drink a gnc lean shake between meals to help boost my metabolism....Ive pretty much been avoiding grains and dairy...i would describe my eating as a modified paleo lol (im not fully paleo yet)
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Eat the grains and Dairy.
    Stop drinking the xtra coffee.
    Consult your physician, you are experiencing side effects
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    At six days of Turbo Fire plus three days of lifting while eating 1200 cals - no wonder you deal with hunger & lack of energy! Food is fuel, you don't need a pill, you need to eat more! :smile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912914-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013
  • KISN
    KISN Posts: 6
    Options
    Hello All,

I am so glad I found this post!
    I'm on day 3 of taking 1 cellucor super hd pill per day.

*side note*
    I also (irregularly) take Irwin Natural's women's multi-vitamins and hair/nails/skin, L-Arginine, probiotics, vitamin k, kelp, spirulina, garlic, ginger root. These are all supplements I have purchased at one time or another and am intent on taking them because I don't like wasting money. The problem is, I can't seem to take them regularly, so it's just a whenever I think about them thing. I also have remnants of Advocare products (that worked REALLY well when I kept up with them) that I'm just finishing out the bottles.
    But since Saturday, I've only taken the super hd, l-arginine and multi-vitamins.

The first day (of taking super hd) was actually Saturday evening, around 6pm, before about 1.5 hours of free-style tennis with the fam (not keeping score, not counting "outs", etc). I had a lot of energy, wasn't jittery, but my body couldn't keep up with all this new-found energy I had...lol.

The next day, I took the pill around 8am and went for a 3-mile jog around the neighborhood at 9:30am. I stopped and walked for maybe a block's distance 4 times, but again plenty energy - just waiting for my body to catch up. It took me 24 minutes. Then I came home and did some situps and pushups. I use the DigiFit program on my iPod, but still need to buy a sensor for more accurate heart rate/calories, etc.

This morning, I took the pill at 6:30am and I plan to do that same jog around 7:30am or so, then come home and do more situps and pushups.

Right now, I feel that 1 pill a day is enough for me (at least until my body catches up with all the energy I get from the pill). I definitely feel more alert, focused and have that get up and go after about 20-30 minutes of taking it.

I am 5'3", 160lbs, 38y. My goal is 135lbs.
    I am on about an 80% paleo/veggie diet (since I was a child.........didn't know they actually had a "name" for it until a few years ago :0)
    I drink soy/almond/rice/coconut milk (no cow's milk) and about 80-120+oz of water a day - I just keep refilling a 20oz water bottle I take with me almost every where. I also drink lemonade and I love teas. Soda - maybe a handful of times a year (I really can't stand soda, kool-aid, etc).
    I do add boiled egg whites to my tuna, eat chicken or turkey maybe twice a month and red meat about 3-4 times a year.

My weakness is an alternate craving of sweet and salty snacks. Sometimes in the same day - sometimes 2-4 days a month. I also get cravings for ice cream/frozen yogurt every so often. None of these cravings are "monthly" and all my hormones/blood work is normal. I've been trying to replace the snacks with salty almonds/cashews/etc and dark chocolate/carob and the ice cream with soy/rice/almond/coconut "ice cream"/yogurt.

I have the insanity dvd set, but couldnt make it past the 1st video (after the fitness test)...too much jumping and hopping for my already bad shins and ankles. I think I will give it another go after I've lost at least 10lbs. I alternate between treadmill, elliptical, bike, tennis and nieghborhood jogs, as well as hiking and swimming. I'm just getting back into a routine (since Saturday), so my plan is to do one of these things at least 3 times a week to start, then eventually up it to 5+ times a week. For me, jumping into 6-7 days a week of exercise from a cold start would equal instance injury and discouragement and quitting and I don't want to do that.

I know this is a lot of info, but I'm just looking for support. I don't log on very often, but I'd like to pair up with a few people for motivation in a similar (even vaguely) situation.
    Taking the super hd is new for me, as I have always tried to maintain my health with a good diet, exercise and maybe vitamins, etc. As I "mature", the pounds don't melt away like they used to, so on a recommendation, I decided to try this supplement. So far, so good....my thng is just CONSISTENCY!