Trying to lose inches from my waist

Options
Hi, does anyone know any good ways to lose inches from this area?
I cycle, run and do a Tiffany Rothe workout designed specifically to lose inches from your waist, but I can't seem to get it any smaller than 25.5 inches. This may sound small already, but im trying to get it slightly smaller for modelling purposes, however I don't want to completely starve myself, so am trying to find more ways to achieve it through exercise.

Replies

• OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    You can't make you waist be the area where weight drops first. Just keep at it and eventually, you will lose inches on you middle.

That said, I did measurements after about 6 weeks of planking, I had not lost any weight but, my waist got smaller.
  • Lisamariewood90
    Lisamariewood90 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I actually forgot about planking, I did it for quite a while, and it was amazing for toning my waist and abs. Thanks for reminding me!
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    What do you mean 6 weeks of planking?
  • OnionMomma
    Options

I planked for 6 weeks, all 6 weeks long. Didn't go to work, did not eat, did not stop.....LOL
  • ajhugz
    Options

I planked for 6 weeks, all 6 weeks long. Didn't go to work, did not eat, did not stop.....LOL

I should try that, might end up laying on the floor for 6 weeks lol
  • pegtate
    pegtate Posts: 11
    Options
    Planking yes, but other types of sit ups and abdominal exercises too! Especially those which twist your torso. That will strengthen the muscles which pull in your sides which definitely gives the impression of a smaller waist.

Good luck!
  • OnionMomma
    Options
    Just kidding....LOL

I do 4 minutes of planks. On my toes and on my elbows, I have calluses to prove it too! I plank as low as I can (my butt) and stay still for 20 seconds, then rest for 10 seconds. By the end I've done 4 mins continuously, with 8 sets of 20seconds planks.
  • nibiruuuuu
    Options

How long did you plank for each session?

Like I always hear that the plank is the best, but whenever I do it, I never know exactly how long to do it for a day.

Oh, nvm. You just answered that.
  • OnionMomma
    Options
    Planking yes, but other types of sit ups and abdominal exercises too! Especially those which twist your torso. That will strengthen the muscles which pull in your sides which definitely gives the impression of a smaller waist.

Good luck!

Side planks!!! LOL

I detest crunches. :laugh:
  • ajhugz
    Options
    I cycle, run and do a Tiffany Rothe workout designed specifically to lose inches from your waist, but I can't seem to get it any smaller than 25.5 inches.

Which Tiffany Rothe workout are you doing and how many times a week? Has it helped? I saw her on youtube.
  • briggsy13
    briggsy13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    The first week I did Turbo Fire I could feel a difference in my whole core. I was shocked cause I thought I was working my core before it.
  • Lisamariewood90
    Options
    I actually already do alot of abdominal exercises, I used to do even more than I do now, and still never got my waist lower than 25 inches. Maybe its just not healthily possible for me!
  • Lisamariewood90
    Options
    I cycle, run and do a Tiffany Rothe workout designed specifically to lose inches from your waist, but I can't seem to get it any smaller than 25.5 inches.

Which Tiffany Rothe workout are you doing and how many times a week? Has it helped? I saw her on youtube.

Its called the 10 minute booty shaking workout, but it is all aimed at working your waist, it is definitely good, if you do it correctly can feel it the day after, but once you continue doing it everyday you can do more reps and so on. I was doing it every day, because its very short and easy to do. I would recommend it!
  • Lisamariewood90
    Options
    The first week I did Turbo Fire I could feel a difference in my whole core. I was shocked cause I thought I was working my core before it.

I may have to try that, I'm guessing from the name that its pretty intense!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    You can't make you waist be the area where weight drops first.

This, the first and only correct answer to the OP's question.
  • Lisamariewood90
    Options

Yeah, I realise that I will consequently lose weight on other parts of my body aswell. The problem is, when I lose weight, alot more comes off my arms, legs and upper back than my waist, so im trying to tone my waist more than losing weight overall. Maybe my ribs wont allow it to be smaller lol!
  • briggsy13
    briggsy13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options

I may have to try that, I'm guessing from the name that its pretty intense!

It is pretty intense but its lots of fun!! Great music and she really keeps you motivated.
  • ajhugz
    Options

Its called the 10 minute booty shaking workout, but it is all aimed at working your waist, it is definitely good, if you do it correctly can feel it the day after, but once you continue doing it everyday you can do more reps and so on. I was doing it every day, because its very short and easy to do. I would recommend it!

Just did it! Thanks so much. I've been looking for something other than crunches!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options

Yeah, I realise that I will consequently lose weight on other parts of my body aswell. The problem is, when I lose weight, alot more comes off my arms, legs and upper back than my waist, so im trying to tone my waist more than losing weight overall. Maybe my ribs wont allow it to be smaller lol!

There's no such thing as "tone." You can burn fat, and cannot control what part of your body it comes from. Alternately, you can build muscle, so that as your body fat decreases, there is something shapely and nice looking to reveal underneath. These are two totally separate activities.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    25.5 waist is pretty small.....