POP Pilates and logging

Options
I have recently discovered the awesomeness that is Cassey Ho's "POP Pilates" youtube channel. To say I'm addicted is an understatement. I try to do at least 3 pilates videos, 1 HIITlates and 1 cardio a day plus my walking.

Do you POPsters log the pilates as calisthenics at low or vigorous effort? I can't decide which is better to choose.

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I would log the Pilates as Pilates. I don't think it burns a ton.
  • rubixcyoob
    rubixcyoob Posts: 395
    Options
    I used my HRM to work out my calories burned, but at 135.8lbs (last recorded weight on here), around 5ft6 and 20 years old I burn 199kcal per half an hour, according to MFP, for the POP Pilates for Weight Loss video. I had already added the exercise into the database for my own burn during the workout.
  • explainsitall
    Options
    I used my HRM to work out my calories burned, but at 135.8lbs (last recorded weight on here), around 5ft6 and 20 years old I burn 199kcal per half an hour, according to MFP, for the POP Pilates for Weight Loss video. I had already added the exercise into the database for my own burn during the workout.

Thanks! I know she recommends logging it as calisthenics or advanced pilates since its more intensive than regular pilates. I need to get an HRM when I have more money