What is the name of those noodles with very low calories?

I know they begin with S? its escaping me and i want to try them as my regular 70 calorie noodle packets are getting harder and harder to find.
Its not a brand, its a type. I think they're found in chinese food stores?
ta :) X

Replies

• Im in Australia and here they are called Slim Pasta
    11 cals per 100g
  • Oh should be noted they such as pasta and are great as a noodle for stiryfrys and soups etc...
    Thats IMO
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    ****ake??? or something I believe. I've never had them, haven't found them around here yet. But I've heard about them.

LOL Hmmm well maybe that isn't the name.
  • shirataki
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Shirataki noodles

You can get them in your local supermarket in the produce section near the tofu.
  • samsa1
    samsa1 Posts: 8 Member
    shirataki noodles?
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    shirataki noodles, miracle noodles, slim pasta..........all the same
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    shirataki

O yeah This.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Shirataki Noodles
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    I was going to say "I Can't Believe It's Not Air", but sounds like there really is such a thing. I'd be interested to know!
  • liltenji
    liltenji Posts: 69 Member
    THATS THE ONES! thank you everyone! :) x

melbournemumm: Oooh i just checked and they sell them here in the uk, i will have to check them out aswell thank you! :)
  • liltenji
    liltenji Posts: 69 Member
    I was going to say "I Can't Believe It's Not Air", but sounds like there really is such a thing. I'd be interested to know!

ahaha i know! i love me some noodles. apparently theyre good in stir frys and stuff :) x
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Okay, I totally have to check these noodles out. So glad I saw this thread!
  • sblueyez
    sblueyez Posts: 156 Member
    Miracle noodles
  • lovingangel4uau
    lovingangel4uau Posts: 78 Member
    Ok will have to check out Slim pasta but for something else Trident Rice Vermicelli is great to. Great for Asian inspired dishes. At 97 calories per 100 gram its very filling. Which is enough for a meal you will find. I added Aldi Just organic basil and pasta sauce with mine and some light cheese. But also great with a base of chilli paste, fresh ginger, fresh garlic, prawns, bok choy, bean shoots, broccoli and chicken stock. No need to cook the noodles just pour boiling water over them cooks in no time. Very quick and filling meal.