Too hard on myself

Options
I've been realizing lately that I am entirely too hard on myself. I feel like I am in constant battle in my head. If I eat something I know isn't good for me it's like my entire thought process goes down the drain! I beat myself up constantly about not working out harder or not eating healthier one day. I can feel myself starting to give up and starting to feel like what's the point in trying, I might as well just stay big forever because no matter how hard I try I'm not getting anywhere. I know it's awful to think those things. Had anyone else felt this way in their journey? How do you overcome those feelings?

Replies

• Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    You're Not Alone!

Everyone struggles with staying motivated and reaching their goals. Just look at how many people go on diets, lose weight, and then gain it back again!

The reality is that refocusing, changing, or making a new start on something, no matter how small, is a big deal. But it's not impossible. With the right approach, you can definitely do it.
    First, know your goal. Start by writing down your major goal. Your major goal is the ultimate thing you'd like to see happen."I want to play in the Olympics" are all major goals because they're the final thing the goal setter wants to see happen (obviously, some goals take longer and require more work than others). It's OK to dream big. That's how people accomplish stuff. You just have to remember that the bigger the goal, the more work it takes to get there.
    Break it down. Making any change takes self-discipline. You need to pay constant attention so you don't get sidetracked. One way to make this easier is to break a big goal into small steps.
    Reaching frequent, smaller goals is something to celebrate. It gives you the confidence, courage, and motivation to keep running — or doing whatever it is you're aiming to do. So reward yourself!