Does anyone know of a way to.....

Options
.....make hair grow about 2 inches per month? I'm getting married soon and I really need my hair to grow long. I got it cut yesterday and the lady totally messed it up and cut it too short. :explode: :sad:

Replies

• paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    .....make hair grow about 2 inches per month? I'm getting married soon and I really need my hair to grow long. I got it cut yesterday and the lady totally messed it up and cut it too short. :explode: :sad:
  • yesIcan
    yesIcan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You can make your hair magically grow inches in one day by hair extentions :wink:
    It can be expensive though.
    If there is anything you can do to grow your own faster, i'd love to find out!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I believe hair grows anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 inch per month. Tends to slow down if you rarely (or never) trim it though. There isn't a way to make it grow faster. Consider a sleek updo..... they can work with pretty short hair for that?
  • slankford
    Options
    there is actually a vitamin you can take that tons of girls use to grow their hair out for prom and such. I think they are called pre natal(sp?) vitamins (for prgnant women) They strengthen your nails, make your hair grow, ect. Good luck! It will work i am sure. But be aware that it doesnt just grow the hair on your head. You will be shaving quite a bit more often :)
  • Russh
    Russh Posts: 4
    Options
    I take Flaxseed oil for my skin but has made my nails strong and hair healthy and shiny.
    I don't think it makes your hair grow quicker but I found it to reduce breakage and split ends.
  • bjigglepants
    Options
    mine grows about an inch a month and it's super thick. drives me bonkers. sounds like extensions are the way to go, as was already mentioned :wink:
  • rayneenie
    rayneenie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You might try taking some extra B-12 but it is probably not going to make it grow as fast as you want.
    Extentions are probably your best bet.
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    if you want long hair then i would definately go for extensions BUT make sure you have them done properly. it's worth paying extra money to have them done at a reputable salon. If they are done well, they look amazing but if they are done cheaply then they don't look good at all!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Actually hair grows in spurts...not everyones hair grows tha same nor will yours. You can't count on hair growing 1/4 to 1/2 an inch per month...our bodies don't work that way. I just learned in AP that our hair will even take "breaks" and not grow at all for a while! So you just have to hope for the best and if you need more b4 the wedding the extension might be the answer...

HTH
    dd
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    2 inches per month? Holy Moley! Is that even possible? I'd be Sasquatch.:noway: Tell me how to do it, so I can run from that. LOL! I have enough hair thank you, no need to encourage it.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    OK, you won't believe it, but I don't use hair products like Mousse, Hairsprat or gels.

I yse avon vitamines for hair and nails and a olive oil every day use treatment and leave in conditioner.

When I got married in June 2007, My hair was a little past my shoulders, now it is the middle lower of my shoulder blades....

Well maybe more touching my back lung area...

I just leave it alone nad use conditioners and vitamines...