Maintanence friends

Hi guys, I've been thinking for quite a while about starting my journey into weight maintanenece, I'm 18, live in Wales, 5ft, started at 154 and am now 103-105, my goal was/is 98 but I've recently had someone actually sit me down and express concern for the amount of weight I'd lost. I'm just looking for friends who are also on/nearing maintanenece.

I plan to start adding calories slowly and ultimately will stop counting calories religiously once i can trust myself to make sensible food decisions without gaining. I'll always be on MFP to give support though.

Any people in a similar position feel free to add xx

Replies

• thefitfriend
    thefitfriend Posts: 65 Member
    bump
  • thefitfriend
    awh :( sad bump
  • krypt5
    krypt5 Posts: 243 Member
    Sent request.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    I have just started trying to maintain. Anyone is free to add me.
  • healthyshelleym
    healthyshelleym Posts: 29 Member
    Request sent..... now :D
  • thefitfriend
    yay :)
  • dcyr009
    dcyr009 Posts: 93
    I started my life time diet over 15 months ago. I lost 83 pounds by Sept 2012. I've maintained my weight at 115 since Sept 2012. My doctor said it takes up to two years of maintenance for your body to adjust. Something about cell memory. Anyways, I plan on logging in my food intake for as long as I can (life if I have to). The reason for that is - I know if I fall off I will yo-yo and we have diabetes in our family.

I can also add foods to my diet and track how my body reacts to it. You know what they say "a calorie doesn't always equal a calorie when your talking about carbs vs. proteins". I like to stretch my calories as far as I can so I can eat more each day. It's been working so far and I'm happy I haven't put back on the weight.