So You Think You're Being Sabotaged?

Options
sbbhbm
sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
I am not particularly the ranting type... but boy I'm just in a mood today. I spent 7 hours in the ER last night, just to be diagnosed with yet another stupid "Syndrome".

You want to gripe about sabotage just because some body DARED to bring donuts into an office that you happen to not be the only friggin' person working in- and of course the only reason they would do that is for the specific purpose of sabotaging your diet and workout efforts because they hate how awesome you are becoming. Why, it's out of shear jealousy and spite that someone would bring a donut into your presence, because apparently you have no willpower and self-control and are only capable of losing weight in an environment where you control the dietary intake of everyone around you.

Unless someone pins you down and shoves that donut in your mouth, forces you to chew it and swallow it, they are not sabotaging you. Get over yourself and get some freaking self-control.

I have now been diagnosed with something called "Tietze's Syndrome", which, according to the ER doc, was triggered by strenuous exercise. So I've been told, that in order to stop it from recurring, I have to stop my exercise routine. So now, let's add this to my Hashimoto's disease and PCO/Insulin Resistance. My thyroid is broken, so my metabolism is about as fast a tired snail. My body cannot use insulin correctly, and therefore everything I eat is pretty much stored directly into my fat cells. I have medication for both issues, but it is a struggle every single day even with them. I also have had chronic pancreatitis since I was 12 years old, and as a result, 90% of my pancreas is now dead scar tissue. I will eventually have to start injecting insulin as well. And now, I'm not supposed to do any strenuous exercise because if I do, my chest cavity gets so inflamed I cannot breath. Here's a little excerpt about this stupid condition:

"Tietze’s syndrome can be aggravated by any activity that places stress on your chest area, such as racket sports, athletics or simply reaching up to a high cupboard."

And I say screw all of it! If I can't run, I'll walk. If I can't lift heavy, I will be at the gym rocking those stupid little pink weights. THERE ARE NO EXCUSES if you have a goal and the determination to accomplish it. This is just a bump in the road as far as I'm concerned- I will reach my goal, even if my body rebels every step of the way.

Oh and by the way- even with the Hashimoto's and PCO, I've still managed to lose 140 pounds, so shut up about your stupid co-worker and their donuts.

End Rant... and also, if there are any trainers on here who can help me set up a new routine that can get results without being too strenuous (is that possible?) please send them to my inbox.

Replies

• sbbhbm
    Options
    Yeah, I know, bumping your own post is pretty lame... but I seriously could use some workout tips for "taking it easy" if at all possible.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    my brother sabatoged me yesterday by putting a plate of spicy garlic wings in front of me. i really had no choice. then he served me - not one, not two, but THREE beers. you should have seen the tears stream down my face as i was forced to drink these ice cold beauties...as i didn't want to drink them...

and he made me watch basketball while eating wings and drinking these beers, so I was sedentary and getting fatter by the second.

that *kitten*.
  • sbbhbm
    Options
    my brother sabatoged me yesterday by putting a plate of spicy garlic wings in front of me. i really had no choice. then he served me - not one, not two, but THREE beers. you should have seen the tears stream down my face as i was forced to drink these ice cold beauties...as i didn't want to drink them...

and he made me watch basketball while eating wings and drinking these beers, so I was sedentary and getting fatter by the second.

that *kitten*.

There there... shhhh, it's okay... *patting on the back* ...we'll get through this together.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options

that *kitten*.

There there... shhhh, it's okay... *patting on the back* ...we'll get through this together.

SPICY GARLIC! WHYYYYY THE SPICY GARLIC?!!?

• katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I think I love you... now off to find someone to blame for the chocolates i brought in and put on my desk :flowerforyou:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I have a coworker that continually brings whisky into the office, and you know... once you open a bottle of whisky you have to finish it, because it will go bad.

He's really a jerk.

(I have a home office... :D )
  • sbbhbm
    Options
    I have a coworker that continually brings whisky into the office, and you know... once you open a bottle of whisky you have to finish it, because it will go bad.

He's really a jerk.

(I have a home office... :D )

:tongue:
    :laugh: