Rice Krispies

Options
rayneenie
rayneenie Posts: 177 Member
I was just checking out ricekrispies.com
What a wonderful site!
not only do they have nutritional info for all their products but they have it for their recipes too.
Suprisingly most of them are very low cal. and the big plus for me low in sodium.
Yay! I can have rice krispy treats again!

Replies

• rayneenie
    Options
    I was just checking out ricekrispies.com
    What a wonderful site!
    not only do they have nutritional info for all their products but they have it for their recipes too.
    Suprisingly most of them are very low cal. and the big plus for me low in sodium.
    Yay! I can have rice krispy treats again!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    did someone say rice krispies? I'd kill for one and a bag of oreo's.
  • rayneenie
    Options
    did someone say rice krispies? I'd kill for one and a bag of oreo's.

Can't help you with the oreos but the rice Krispy treats I can give you the info on those.

Serving size 1 bar
    calories 90
    total fat 2.5g
    saturated fat 1g
    sodium 105g
    total carbs 17g
    sugars 7g

So indulge in a Rice Krispy treat.

Enjoy!:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Just watch the serving size!

The other day I made the mistake of being hungry at Starbucks (oh, never again) and I ordered a rice krispy treat, thinking it was a good choice.

When I entered it I discovered I had just eaten a 600 calorie rice krispy treat. Oh. my. god. Add in my nonfat small latte, and that's over 700 calories on a snack.

Oof.
  • bjigglepants
    Options
    i adore rice krispy treats. unfortunately, i love them a little too much. they're addictive lil' boogers
  • rayneenie
    Options
    Just watch the serving size!

The other day I made the mistake of being hungry at Starbucks (oh, never again) and I ordered a rice krispy treat, thinking it was a good choice.

When I entered it I discovered I had just eaten a 600 calorie rice krispy treat. Oh. my. god. Add in my nonfat small latte, and that's over 700 calories on a snack.

Oof.

Yeah guess I should have mentioned those are the premade ones in the box
  • cobra1368
    cobra1368 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Which, unfortunately, aren't nearly as good as the ooey gooey ones you make yourself!

I always make things like that (or anything I bake for that matter), and I end up eating at least half of it before it makes it to the finished product!

Chocolate chip cookie dough is the worst. My mom asked me once how she could get double the batch I got when she made cookies! LOL