Went swimming fo the first time in 12 years!

Options
I absolutaly LOVED swimming when I was younger, I used to be the fastest and most promising swimmer in my class. Of course as the yers went by and I gained weight and eventually I got to the point where I was so embarrassed to even think of seeing myself in a swimming costume that I tried to convince myself that I hated swimming because I couldnt bring myself to go.

Of course swimming is a great workout and would have greatly helped me to lose weight, but I wouldnt go swimming again untill I had lost weight and wouldnt feel embarrassed.. the viscious cycle of fatty doom!

Well yesterday I put my finger up to that cycle and told it to kiss my fat white *kitten*. I marched streight to the supermarket and bought a swimming costume, then streight from there to the swimming baths.

Of course by the time I got there and was in my swimming costume I got cold feet, I needed my friend to half coax, half drag me out of the changing cubicle and into the pool. I was still a little frightful untill I waded out and the water was deep enough to reach my chest, but I looked back and nobody cared.

Whats more, I had the time of my life! By the end of it they needed to drag me back out!

Ive now realised how utterly pointless it is to put off something untill youre skinny, especially if the thing you are putting off is what will help you lose weight in the first place.

Thanks to this new found confidence I may even take up jogging again, something else I stopped doing because I wanted to lose weight first.

Replies

• MommyNegray
    Options
    Great job!!! It is so awesome that you overcame your fears!
  • salyha01
    salyha01 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This is so well written! Have you considered starting a blog?
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :drinker: Swimming IS a LOT of fun, as well as GREAT exercise! :wink: :smile:
  • KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words
    This is so well written! Have you considered starting a blog?
    I wouldn't even know where to begin O.o