Cardio then strength, or strength than cardio?

Options
2»

Replies

• _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    It's all about what works best for you.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    the advice in these threads is always pretty amusing
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    i generally do 30min cardio and then 30-45min lifting. Although, I think the science behind doing strength first is sound, for me, I find that I am too tired to really go hard in cardio afterwards.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    It makes bugger all difference if you are an average exerciser.

Do what you feel comfortable with.
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    If I had a dime for every time somebody at the gym told me I should be doing strength first instead of cardio, I could afford the taser I want to use on those people.

My body responds to cardio like it's meth or something. I'm unreasonably happy and full of energy after cardio. Not only do I prefer to do cardio before strength, I like to do cardio before everything. I seek to maximize the amount of my day that is post cardio and minimize the amount that is pre cardio. Everything is better once I've done cardio.
  • RiannonC
    RiannonC Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters as much as some people think it does.

I would do it in the order that you enjoy doing most. For me, that's cardio first, hands down.
  • rpmtnbkr
    rpmtnbkr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I vary.. some days strength first after a quick warmup, some days cardio first. Just like to mix it up... Keeps the body guessing about what's coming.
  • suzycav77
    suzycav77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    i do cardio then strength then back to cardio 3/4 times per week!!
  • danyelle67
    danyelle67 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Great question I was wondering the same. I usually do Cardio for 30 min then Strength for 30 to 40 min 4 to 5 days per week. I feel like I am getting bigger though my thighs and butt are. Put a pair of jeans on yesterday and could barely get them over my thighs...So frustrating when your working hard and trying to eat healthy. Well good luck! I think I am going to change things up!!!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do second is going to suffer from whatever you do first. You're going to need to base it on what your goals are. If your number one goal is improved strength, do that first. If distance running is your goal (or something else cardio based), do cardio first.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    the advice in these threads is always pretty amusing
    That's why I came in :p
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    your cardio should be seperate from your lifting ..8 hours apart.
    What happens after 8 hours?