What are the FIRST things you noticed after starting?

Options
I just started a week ago today- have been to the gym 4 times so far and have yet to meet my calorie limits- I've exceeded them every day since I started back on this app. BUT I weighed myself this morning and down a few pounds.

Wanted to get everyone's experiences... what was the first thing you noticed after you got started and when? My biggest issue is my belly and arms. How long did it take for you to actually notice a difference and did you start out full blast or just kind of ease into it?

Replies

• FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    You're not going to notice much of anything until you've lost a few pounds. Of course you want to make sure you're weighing yourself consistently (after using the restroom in the morning before consuming anything) and only count your weight once every week (not that I wasn't weighing myself everyday, but I only logged once a week).

I know women who have been loosing weight, even 20 lbs, and it wasn't that noticable to most of the people around them. It all depends on how much body fat you start out with. If you have to loose more to notice anything that's fine, totally ok and nothing to worry about, just keep it up and eventually you will hit your goals.

A much better approach is to weight yourself like usual, but also determine your body fat % and monitor that. Search body fat % images on google and decide what your goal is. This is a much better approach if you're loosing weight and keeping an eye on your looks for progress. I've seen women who lost 50 lbs but still look heavy because their BF% isn't where they want it to be.

By the way, as a side note, you can always do something for your body. Theres not such thing as a "fat girl", just a girl with fat.... if you work on the fat and accept what you have to do, then you'll be sexier once you hit your goals, and sexier all around because you've got the right attitude ;)
  • CCusedtodance
    CCusedtodance Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have been doing MFP and I am just now seeing some changes. My belt is smaller by a notch, my clothes are feeling looser and I have lost nine pounds. Every body does its own thing, but if you keep with it you will see results.