Need a low fat/calorie alfredo sauce please!

Options
2»

Replies

• craftymommyof3
    craftymommyof3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use
    8 cloves of crushed garlic
    1 cup skim milk
    Half a package of Neufchatel cheese
    half a cup of freshly grated parmesean(healthier than kraft)

If you make it 4 servings it only has 8 grams of fat each

If you put broccoli it will serve around 6 and only 5.5 grams of fat
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I made one out of cauliflower! Use a bag of steam in the bag cauliflower and steam it until mushy. Puree and plop in a pan. Add 1/3 c sour cream, 1/2 c grated parm, and 1/3 c milk (to your desired thickness) and mix thoroughly. You'll have to add garlic/pepper (or even more parm) to your taste; mine came out creamy and tasty. I use skim milk and fat free sour cream and that lowered the WW points. It was delicious, but you might have to play with it a little. I've only made it once so far. :)

Awesome recipe, thank you!
  • houlee
    houlee Posts: 60
    Options
    bump (But I definitely want to try the cauliflower one and the laughing cow one!)
  • labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ChelleBalady
    Options
    Walden farm has one no calories but you need to majorly docker it up. I put it in a crock pot with fresh garlic onion that I can pull out later and the chicken, pepper, Cayenne, basil, oregano, italian seasoning.It sits for an entire day then I leave it in the fridge over night so everything can come together serve the next night. It seems like a lot of work but it has no carbs, sugar, or calories. You can even add Parmesan cheese if you would like.

Www.waldenfarms.com
  • Par8hed4life
    Par8hed4life Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I made one out of cauliflower! Use a bag of steam in the bag cauliflower and steam it until mushy. Puree and plop in a pan. Add 1/3 c sour cream, 1/2 c grated parm, and 1/3 c milk (to your desired thickness) and mix thoroughly. You'll have to add garlic/pepper (or even more parm) to your taste; mine came out creamy and tasty. I use skim milk and fat free sour cream and that lowered the WW points. It was delicious, but you might have to play with it a little. I've only made it once so far. :)

^^This--but use Greek Yogurt instead of sour cream for an even healthier and more protein version!
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    These are superb ideas! I must try!
  • vb4evr
    vb4evr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    One my aunt came up with a while ago.

http://donnabrousseau.blogspot.ca/2010/09/healthy-alfredo-sauce-is-there-really.html

I had a little bit of a challenge today when a reader asked if I could come up with a Healthy Alfredo Sauce. What????
    I was a little scepticle to say the least. The first couple of tries were a little disappointing. I had started out with making a base using Skim milk, flour, garlic and chicken broth, bringing it to a boil until nice and thick and then finishing with parmesan. It was little thin and not as rich and full bodied as I would like. The last batch, I bumped up to 2% milk threw in a little more garlic, a little more Parmesan, and I must say it was bang on, rich, creamy and fully of flavor. Just what you are looking for in an Alfredo Sauce - Minus the Heart Attack.
    The great thing about Alfredo Sauce is it can be morphed into a zillion dishes. Luckily I had some Mushrooms in the fridge which I loosely choped up. I then sauteed some chicken in a little olive oil with more garlic and when it was all nicely browned I added in my mushrooms until they got nice and carmelized. I then Stirred in some of the alfred sauce splashed it with a hefty dose of Marsala, and an extra hit for me, and voila a fantastic chicken marsala dishes without the calories!
    Skinny Alfredo
    1 1/2 cups 2 % milk
    1 cup low sodium chicken broth
    4 cloves minced garlic (Roasted if you prefer a milder taste)
    3 tbsp flour
    1 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp pepper
    1/2 cup low fat parmesan grated
    In a medium sauce pan place milk, chicken broth, garlic & Flour. Whisk together until mixed and heat over medium heat until sauce comes to a boil. Continue to cook until thickend. Remove from heat and stir in salt, pepper and Parmesan. Stir to combine and serve warm.
  • jacagle7
    jacagle7 Posts: 1
    Options
    This sounds soo yummy. Definitely will try.
  • pds06
    pds06 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=118316

Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken (1 cup

Ingredients
    16 oz fettuccine
    2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    10 fresh sliced mushrooms (optional)
    4 Tbsp butter, divided
    2 Tbsp flour
    1 tsp dried parsley
    1/2 tsp onion powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp pepper
    2 cups 2% milk
    1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
    Prepare fettuccine according to directions; toss with 2 Tbsp butter.
    Meanwhile, melt remaining butter (2 Tbsp) in large saute pan. Add chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces (10 fresh, sliced mushrooms are a nice addition, too--not included in this calorie count). Cook approximately 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
    Stir in flour, parsley, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Add milk; stir continuously while bringing it to a boil until mixture thickens slightly. Add fettuccine and Parmesan cheese, tossing to coat.

Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 10
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 206.3
    Total Fat: 8.1 g
    Cholesterol: 47.5 mg
    Sodium: 280.8 mg
    Total Carbs: 16.3 g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.8 g
    Protein: 16.5 g
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Non Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
    Ground Flax Seed
    Spices for flavor
  • Lisapayne76
    Lisapayne76 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Great Ideas everyone. Cant wait to try some of the recipes
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I buy a light classico alfredo sauce, but they pepper the **** out of that sauce.. so be careful.

Honestly buttermilk is really healthy so... you can use that as a dairy base.
  • daniczec
    daniczec Posts: 8
    Options
    I have a faux alfredo using chevre.

Sautee crushed garlic and ground pepper, salt, oregano. Add 1/8 cup unsweetend almond milk, half package of soft plain goat chevre. I toss with sauteed veggies and grilled chicken and skip the pasta :)
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Alfredo Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sugar
    Campbells - Cream of Mushroom Soup 1 Can Undiluted, 1 can 250 23 15 3 0 3
    Milk - Reduced fat, 2% milkfat, 0.5 cup 61 6 2 4 0 6
    Kraft (Canada - Parmasean Cheese, 8 tbsp 80 0 6 16 0 0
    Garlic - Raw, (2cloves chopped) 51 11 0 2 1 0
    Oil - Vegetable, grapeseed, 0.5 tablespoon 60 0 7 0 0 0
    Add Ingredient
    Total: 502 40 30 25 1 9
    Per Serving: 126 10 8 6 0 2

Heat Oil, sauté garlic & onions, add soup and milk & parmesan …..enjoy
  • wrests
    wrests Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    http://iowagirleats.com/2012/03/22/skinny-chicken-broccoli-alfredo/
    this is my favorite recipe everrrr. My boyfriend LOVES alfredo so I really had to find a solution that he'd appreciate, we make it pretty much weekly!
  • MissyPoo2013
    MissyPoo2013 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jmb21191
    jmb21191 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is honestly THE BEST alfredo sauce I have ever had! And its only 100 calories for a 1/4 cup ( i don't know how you can only have 1/4 cup of this stuff- it's THAT GOOD)! My boyfriend could eat chicken broccoli alfredo for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so I make this this seeing as it's guilt free anddd I just hate the canned stuff!

Enjoy!

2C low fat milk
    1/3 C low fat cream cheese
    2-3 T flour
    1t salt
    1T butter
    3 garlic cloves (I use the minced garlic in the jar- so convenient!)
    1C grated Parmesan cheese

Put milk, cream cheese, flour and salt in a saucepan. Cook over med-hi heat until it's nice and smooth. About 7-10 minutes. (Don't forget to STIR constantly!)

In a saucepan, melt butter over med-hi heat. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add milk mix to the pan and stir for 3-4 minutes, or until it comes to a simmer. Stir for another 2 minutes.

When it's become thick enough, remove the pan from heat and add the cheese. Stir and cover. Let it rest for 10 minutes.

..And that's it! I usually just skip the resting step because everyone is just eager to get their hands on some pasta! It's so easy and delicious and you honestly won't believe how these simple ingredients can taste that good!