Breakfast is not an option.

Options
13»

Replies

• BrookeAnisse
    Options
    V-8 Fusion, it's fast and it's comes in cans :)
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is too time consuming for you, but I have found it helpful. I make pseudo egg mcmuffins in batches. I pour Egg Beaters into a muffin pan (about 3/4 full) and add a bit of salt and pepper on top. I bake them at 350 for about 10-15 minutes. I toss a 1/2 slice of cheese on while they're still hot (so that it will melt). Then I put it all on an English muffin. I cook/assemble them on a night or weekend when I'm not super busy. It makes a dozen, so I freeze the rest and just pop them in the micro when I'm ready to eat them.

great idea!!
  • vinjama
    vinjama Posts: 52
    Options
    I dont beleiev I have to tell you that breakfast is he most important meal of the day do I? Opps.. I just did! lol
    '
    Seriously, you need to eat, (you know that) Ya just woke up from a fast and it's time to break it and start your metabolism for the day!!

ok.. there are these things called Bananas that are pretty portable. Oh yea.. they make this stuff called yogurt and they put it in this little small portable cup that has its own seal. Speaking of seals.. ziplock baggies, they hold things in them, so like someone above mentioned ya can put cereal in them. A spoon full of peanut butter does wonders as well.

I know I'm being a smartass, hopefully its more funny then offensive. But just tryng to make a point, lol, which is..

DONT SKIP BREAKFAST!!! :)

I am not a retard I know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I don’t like people judging me because they think I am stupid. I have not eaten breakfast regularly ever, even in high school when I was skinny. All I wanted was advice and I got some of that and I am really grateful for the nice people that are willing to help me. But I don’t need people talking to me like I am 2 years old. I just don’t understand why people have to be so rude. They make fun of you when you are fat but when you want help to shape up and get healthy they just want to be *kitten*. I know I shouldn’t let people get to me but it’s hard when they do it so publicly. I mean really fight the urge to be rude and hold back your rude comments.

ooops, sorry. I did not mean for you to take my advice as condescending. :smile: I was trying to be helpful and thought I was. I have no reason at all to judge or talk down to someone who is trying to do the exact same thing as I am (lose weight, live and eat healthy) especially on a public forum.

Really don’t worry about it. It is fine. I was just mad because no one understood what I was saying. I didn’t say that I never eat breakfast. I said I really don’t ever eat breakfast. I do but not every single day like I should. I know people think that it is easy to just eat healthy but for me it’s not. I have never eaten healthy. My version of healthy is not the right way of healthy. That’s why I just wanted advice on things that I can grab and go or make the night before. I know that most people say eat a bowl of cereal it only takes 10 minutes and if I got up early maybe I could. But I don’t go to bed until, between 11 - 1. Then I have to get up at 6. I am already pushed to my limits during the week. I know I should get more sleep and about one week day I get 8 hours. On the weekends I do have time to eat breakfast but I wanted ideals on healthy things. Sorry if I jumped down your throat.

I understand and It's cool. I know what you mean when you say " I have never eaten healthy." Just like anything, it takes time to learn how and understand why nutrition is so crucial to ones own physical transformation. It's pretty scientific and VERY overwhelming because what works for some one else might not work for you. Learning how to eat healthy doesnt happen overnight, at least for me it hasn't. I mean, I have done so much research in regards to my own nutrition and still am confused about some things.

But yea, everyone seems to agree about breakfast and you have received a great deal of advice on what you can do about it. So I wish you the best of luck ;)
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    V-8 Fusion, it's fast and it's comes in cans :)

I agree, it is fast, and it is available in cans, but so is Coca Cola, and I don't recommend IT for breakfast either.

V8 Fusion (Iooked up a Raspberry version and an Acai Berry version in the MFP database) it is loaded with sugar and has no protein.:grumble: V8 fusion is made with 100% juice and does contain potassium, but if it is all you have for breakfast, you are going to "crash and burn" when the sugar high wears off. Eating a banana or an apple or an orange won't give you protein either, but at least there is some fiber in real fruit.

I am no fan of SlimFast, but it is lower in sugar and does have 10 grams of protein per can.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I dont beleiev I have to tell you that breakfast is he most important meal of the day do I? Opps.. I just did! lol
    '
    Seriously, you need to eat, (you know that) Ya just woke up from a fast and it's time to break it and start your metabolism for the day!!

ok.. there are these things called Bananas that are pretty portable. Oh yea.. they make this stuff called yogurt and they put it in this little small portable cup that has its own seal. Speaking of seals.. ziplock baggies, they hold things in them, so like someone above mentioned ya can put cereal in them. A spoon full of peanut butter does wonders as well.

I know I'm being a smartass, hopefully its more funny then offensive. But just tryng to make a point, lol, which is..

There are so many options out there that make eating breakfast on the run easy! His suggestions are right on target and you need to make eating breakfast a priority!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I've been here awhile and I can SO relate to the feeling like there is no time. But it's worth it to make the time!! When you begin to make sure you have the time, your stomach will wake you, your body will be revving up your metabolism sooner each morning and you'll feel grrreat! The lbs will drop quickly when your body knows it will be fueled!

I must take a sec to SHOUT IT OUT LOUD!!!! PROTEIN PROTEIN PROTEIN that many have mentioned is sooo the right advice. Eggs, boiled or in any format have lots, so does PB, any meat source has it, soybeans too!

My favorite breakfasts:
    A cup of O% Fage (it's fat free greek yogurt, my costco has it, or trader joes) is chock full of protein, is low-cal, and with almost any fruit, nut, grain, cereal, it makes a quick to make, yummy to eat breakfast that will keep you going until lunchtime or beyond.

A cup of cottage cheese with craisins, raisins (golden especially), or any chopped up fruit. MMMM

After you get in the habit of eating low-cal high protein in the morning, your body will crave it. Right now your body has just gotten used to being asked to run all morning on an empty tank. It has adapted, but wait and see what your energy level will feel like after you have set a routine of breakfast in place for 2 weeks!

Hang in there! You can do it :)
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    '

I am not a retard I know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I don’t like people judging me because they think I am stupid. I have not eaten breakfast regularly ever, even in high school when I was skinny. All I wanted was advice and I got some of that and I am really grateful for the nice people that are willing to help me. But I don’t need people talking to me like I am 2 years old. I just don’t understand why people have to be so rude. They make fun of you when you are fat but when you want help to shape up and get healthy they just want to be *kitten*. I know I shouldn’t let people get to me but it’s hard when they do it so publicly. I mean really fight the urge to be rude and hold back your rude comments.

ooops, sorry. I did not mean for you to take my advice as condescending. :smile: I was trying to be helpful and thought I was. I have no reason at all to judge or talk down to someone who is trying to do the exact same thing as I am (lose weight, live and eat healthy) especially on a public forum.

Really don’t worry about it. It is fine. I was just mad because no one understood what I was saying. I didn’t say that I never eat breakfast. I said I really don’t ever eat breakfast. I do but not every single day like I should. I know people think that it is easy to just eat healthy but for me it’s not. I have never eaten healthy. My version of healthy is not the right way of healthy. That’s why I just wanted advice on things that I can grab and go or make the night before. I know that most people say eat a bowl of cereal it only takes 10 minutes and if I got up early maybe I could. But I don’t go to bed until, between 11 - 1. Then I have to get up at 6. I am already pushed to my limits during the week. I know I should get more sleep and about one week day I get 8 hours. On the weekends I do have time to eat breakfast but I wanted ideals on healthy things. Sorry if I jumped down your throat.

If you don't eat breakfast, this is what happens ....

:laugh:
  • I dont beleiev I have to tell you that breakfast is he most important meal of the day do I? Opps.. I just did! lol
    '

If you don't eat breakfast, this is what happens ....

:laugh:

This happens because I don’t eat breakfast? Okay! Oh and by the way I ate breakfast today. :laugh:
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I have a very different idea for you.......
    Since your schedule has you up quite late.......
    What if you don't worry about your "breakfast" being in the morning or even being typical breakfast foods.

Maybe your breakfast is at 11am, lunch is at 4pm and dinner is at 11pm. Just throwing out random times, the point is that you can have your breakfast whenever you can fit it in as long as you do not go for too long between dinner and breakfast.

Most people go for about 12 hours between dinner and breakfast
    Don't worry, dinner at 11pm is not going to ruin your diet, look at all those thin people in southern Europe!

If you do try this, I'd love to hear from you how it goes. Best of luck with your hectic schedule.

Meokk
  • I have a very different idea for you.......
    Since your schedule has you up quite late.......
    What if you don't worry about your "breakfast" being in the morning or even being typical breakfast foods.

Maybe your breakfast is at 11am, lunch is at 4pm and dinner is at 11pm. Just throwing out random times, the point is that you can have your breakfast whenever you can fit it in as long as you do not go for too long between dinner and breakfast.

Most people go for about 12 hours between dinner and breakfast
    Don't worry, dinner at 11pm is not going to ruin your diet, look at all those thin people in southern Europe!

If you do try this, I'd love to hear from you how it goes. Best of luck with your hectic schedule.

Meokk

I would love to try that but I have to cook dinner for my hubby and little girl.