Finals Month Blues

rtrautmann
rtrautmann Posts: 57
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey Everyone,
So I'm really nervous about my weight loss, and I feel like I'm slowly falling off and on the bandwagon.
I'm in my last month of this current semester of school, and boy oh boy is it stressful. I'm talking midterm nervous breakdowns and the works. I have a show I have to prepare a portfolio for (I'm an art student) and I have to worry about eating in between that? Junior year is always the hardest, no matter where you are.

So my question is, how do I stay on track?
Both my boyfriend and my family are terrible influences on my eating habits - I've eaten easily over 600-1000 calories when I'm around them as opposed to staying by myself. I'm really nervous about my weigh ins, and I don't have enough time to be doing work outs as often as I want to be, it's coming down to once a week instead of twice or three times, which is my ideal.

My calorie intake also recently changed - I moved down from 1780 to 1680, which has made a significant difference in my planning. Whenever I go over my calories now, I feel even more compelled to work out so I can just make sure that I work those calories off. Is that right way to go? I do have a lot of weight to lose - about 69 pounds until I reach my goal weight, but it's really hard to stay on track when I'm so nervous/distracted.

What I do try to keep in mind however, is that I am eating better than I was before - I'm making more conscious choices in my eating, and I'm drinking 100% more water than I used to. But I don't know if that's going to be enough to lose that much more weight.

Any help/advice is appreciated (:

Replies

• weidner
    weidner Posts: 127
    Don't get nervous just prepare for eating as you are for exams. Prepare small baggies of things and keep them in your backpack or whatever you keep your books in and so you are prepared for snacks and things of that nature.

Also, exams are only for one week right; a week is not going to swing you that far out of wack; so just try and relax and go with the flow.

As for your family and boyfriend; just impress upon the importance of your weight loss and let them know that you are derailing you!!!!!!
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    I am with you there! I am in the middle of finals plus trying to plan my wedding and dealing with craziness at work. I just have a little advice - DON'T beat yourself up for having one or two bad days - they won't kill you and if you beat yourself up you will just feel even worse and will start a vicious cycle.

Just because you eat one bad thing/meal in the day does NOT mean the day is a waste...so don't binge but allow yourself treats.

And remember that things WILL get back to normal. You know you love losing weight, working out, and looking fabulous! Just remember all those great endorphins and how awesome you feel after a workout - I know that running is a HUGE stress reliever.

Lastly, take some time to reflect on your successes - the healthy lifestyle changes you've made, how great you're doing in school, and lastly how much weight you've lost. Don't think about how much there is still left to lose - take it one step at a time and remember to enjoy your life while you're working at getting slim.

I know you can do it - and if you need some more inspiration check out some of the before and after pics on here...I know they have motivated me!

Go Team You!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.