Nutella!

Options
swall13
swall13 Posts: 19 Member
Nutella is my weakness! It is soo addictive! Does anyone else have this problem? Would it be too bad if I have it 2 or 3 times a week? Or is that too much? Too my understanding, the only real problem with it is the sugar content, as the other ingredients are relatively healthy.

Replies

• Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    You can eat a lot of food for the number of calories in a tblsp of Nutella but if it doesn't put you over your calorie limit, it won't hurt you.

(Personally I'm week and would eat more than I should so I don't have it in the house.)
  • TimeForMe99
    TimeForMe99 Posts: 309
    Options
    Nothing is bad in moderation. But Nutella is very high in fat - 12g in just 2 tablespoons. You might try mixing it with plain Greek yogurt (1 part Nutella to 4 parts yogurt. You can get your chocolate fix and stretch your calories and macros.
  • feliligram
    Options
    I have some everyday. I love it.
    As always, Moderation is key! :D
  • swall13
    swall13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Nothing is bad in moderation. But Nutella is very high in fat - 12g in just 2 tablespoons. You might try mixing it with plain Greek yogurt (1 part Nutella to 4 parts yogurt. You can get your chocolate fix and stretch your calories and macros.

That's a good idea! I will try this!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    YUK!
    I HATE IT
    and i wonder why.
  • huisfi
    huisfi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I like the Nutella and yogurt idea!
  • freebird777
    Options
    Nutella as well as peanut butter are my weaknesses. I know a little but in moderation is fine, but if its in my house I will eat spoonful after spoonful. So I refuse to buy it lol
  • mittens6395
    Options
    I do not like Nutella at all. Blah! My husband on the other hand used to eat a jar a day. No joke. He loves it. He hasn't eaten it at home in quite awhile. He probably has it stashed in his desk at work :)
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    If it fits within your calorie goal, you're golden. Can't have it in my house, though. It will haunt me until I eat the whole jar with a spoon. Or finger. Kinda like the Planters Nutrition cinnamon raisin granola peanut butter that I consumed an entire jar of one weekend... :blushing:
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    iI want Nutella, I'll eat Nutella. I am not going to stop eating something because I am on a 'diet'. You can't avoid foods forever (well, maybe YOU can!) but I won't.. If it's going to be in my life, I'll eat it in moderation and not feel guilty about it.
  • cbeckl
    cbeckl Posts: 79
    Options

Oooh...thats a good idea that I just might have to try! I love my nutella
  • MouseFood
    MouseFood Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I can't buy that -- I'd eat the whole jar!"
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I usually eat any and everything I want as long as I'm within my goal and I don't feel bad about it. HOWEVER..Nutella is dangerous for me and not something I can eat in moderation. One spoon always ends up being the entire effin jar.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Too much sugar for me, but so long as it fits in your macro and calorie goals, it isn't a problem.
  • Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    iI want Nutella, I'll eat Nutella. I am not going to stop eating something because I am on a 'diet'. You can't avoid foods forever (well, maybe YOU can!) but I won't.. If it's going to be in my life, I'll eat it in moderation and not feel guilty about it.

This. Anything in moderation.
  • IRollC30
    IRollC30 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    They sell these little Nutella & Go snack pack things now. One package is 268 calories. Great way to get the Nutella fix with a little portion control.

6704624393_a239efc3db.jpg
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Never had it.

Haven't been able to part with peanut butter.
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I usually eat any and everything I want as long as I'm within my goal and I don't feel bad about it. HOWEVER..Nutella is dangerous for me and not something I can eat in moderation. One spoon always ends up being the entire effin jar.

^^ Totally this for me too. :sad:
  • ZozoMonster
    ZozoMonster Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Eat it like this:

snacks_zps4f2ca53d.jpg

There's barely half a teaspoons of Nutella and peanut butter in each bite but tastes gooood. And it's healthier. One of your 5 a day!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    It is so good stirred into plain Greek yogurt! Doesn't take much to make the yogurt into a bowl of AWESOME! And then at least you're only eating about a half serving of the Nutella, and getting protein from the yogurt. Top with strawberries or even more awesome.