Pickle Pops

Options
First question: For those who use pickle juice as an electrolyte drink, how much is enough? The Pickle Pops brand comes prepackaged with 2 ounces. Is that enough or should I do two? Or should I do a second one only if I go over a certain amount of exercise?

Second question: When is the best time to down an electrolyte drink, before or after a workout?

While I know this thread is going to pick up the flak of skeptics on using pickle juice, I actually like the flavor and it's a good option without adding a crap ton of sugar or artificial sweeteners as I get enough of those with the rest of my diet.

Replies

• demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Fit_Kenzie
    Fit_Kenzie Posts: 124
    Options
    Never heard of this and sounds pretty disgusting
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    :noway: :sick: :huh:
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I dont know about drinking it for electrolytes (aka a **** ton of sodium), but pickles are amazing. I want some of these. :D
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    My high school always made pickle pops with the left over pickle juice from concessions. They used the little condiment cups you get with take out order. So maybe 1 ounce, you got them four for a dollar. I loved those things.

I can't see buying pickle pops from the store when I could buy a jar of pickle juice and make my own. I especially liked using the Vlasic tobasco pickle spears juice. Yummy!

To answer your question though, it is alot of salt, two ounces is probably plenty.
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    They make great shooters. I LOVE pickle juice and tequila.....
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Bummer..this title had potential...
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Oh my god I LOVE pickle pops!!

No condominents though they take away all that FLAVOUR.

What kind of things do you like to do with your pickle pops everybody?
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    They make great shooters. I LOVE pickle juice and tequila.....

Nice . . . .
  • lilteepot
    lilteepot Posts: 97
    Options
    "Pickle-sicles" were my favorite treat as a kid. Who knew there was a "health" benefit. :P
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    me and a friend when we were in middle school and highschol when i spent the night at her house we would drink pickle juice lol its good...for some odd reason
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Just curious if anyone actually read what the OP wrote, or if they just post off the topic title? I don't have an answer and pickle pops don't really do it for me, or pickles in general really...so I guess I'm just like everyone else.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Tequila. (shudder)
    Bad things happen with tequila.

I like pickles and pickle juice, but it upsets my stomach if I'm not careful.
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    My high school always made pickle pops with the left over pickle juice from concessions. They used the little condiment cups you get with take out order. So maybe 1 ounce, you got them four for a dollar. I loved those things.

I can't see buying pickle pops from the store when I could buy a jar of pickle juice and make my own. I especially liked using the Vlasic tobasco pickle spears juice. Yummy!

To answer your question though, it is alot of salt, two ounces is probably plenty.

Thanks! Anyone who uses sports drinks with their workout, do you usually drink it before or after?