Cleanses

magerum
magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
I am curious about cleanses. Can someone please explain to me exactly what toxins are being cleansed? How and why? Educate me, please. I would love to read some studies on them.

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    how about the BEER CLEANSE.
    drink a lot
    and flush it out.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    drink a lot
    and flush it out.

I just tried a beer with a seranno pepper in it, I imagine it would be better than regular beer since everyone knows spicy foods get rid of toxins.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    I am curious about cleanses. Can someone please explain to me exactly what toxins are being cleansed? How and why? Educate me, please. I would love to read some studies on them.

You must be bored lately.

You know as well as I do that these cleanses are 100% nonsense.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    In for the "levity".
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    drink a lot
    and flush it out.

I do this except with vodka.

Sorry OP. I know you're being serious but I think you're going to be hard pressed to find actual scientific studies backing up a cleanse.
  • medeamama
    medeamama Posts: 47 Member
    There are many discussion on MFP on cleanses and detoxes. Do a search. Some of the discussions get pretty snarky, but otherwise, they are very educational. Worth the read, if you really want to learn about cleansing.

General consensus: it's a lot of hooey, but has some benefit if you just eat clean.
  • beachlover317
    There are many discussion on MFP on cleanses and detoxes. Do a search. Some of the discussions get pretty snarky, but otherwise, they are very educational. Worth the read, if you really want to learn about cleansing.

General consensus: it's a lot of hooey, but has some benefit if you just eat clean.

And that's the question, I think. What are the benefits - especially if you eat clean?
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    In for the studies that won't be cited here.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Let's make this can of worms delicious

3_zps6a850062.jpg
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    STOP! Shower time!

doot doot doot doot
    doot doot
    doot doot
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Well i just started spring cleansing. I washed all my windows yesterday.
  • beachlover317
    Well i just started spring cleansing. I washed all my windows yesterday.

There's another question. Why Spring cleansing? Is Fall cleansing not beneficial?
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Your wallet is the only thing that is actually being cleaned out.
  • this is dumb. why do you care if ppl wanna cleanse?
  • magerum
    this is dumb. why do you care if ppl wanna cleanse?

I want to understand the science behind it.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member

You can't
  • The food you eat has toxins in it. From the spray they use on fruits and vegetable to keep the bugs off and to ripen quicker to make more of it to the antibiotics that are feed to our animals. And these toxins are what cause sickness and illnesses and diseases. I use a cellular cleanse. I love it.
  • magerum

You can't

I'm very technical and have a good grasp of basic human biology. I think I could understand if it was explained to me. At least pointed to some source.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    The food you eat has toxins in it. From the spray they use on fruits and vegetable to keep the bugs off and to ripen quicker to make more of it to the antibiotics that are feed to our animals. And these toxins are what cause sickness and illnesses and diseases. I use a cellular cleanse called Cleanse for Life a product from Isagenix. I love it.

I think it's important to mention that you sell the stuff and stand to make profit by pitching it as effective. Whether it is or not.

However, that's against forum rules!
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    The food you eat has toxins in it. From the spray they use on fruits and vegetable to keep the bugs off and to ripen quicker to make more of it to the antibiotics that are feed to our animals. And these toxins are what cause sickness and illnesses and diseases. I use a cellular cleanse called Cleanse for Life a product from Isagenix. I love it.

How does Isagenix get rid of the toxins?