Calories. Sugar

Options
So if I am coming in under my calorie goal but my sugar is over will I put on weight? I try to maintain my sugar but on a bad day it can go minus by like 30!

I don't want to ruin all my hard work because of a hot chocolate :-( ..

I find sugar to be the hardest thing to stay under and I hate the site of those little red numbers..

Will the sugar make me fat if calories are still low?

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    No
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    no.
  • ipiddock
    ipiddock Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    no
  • lunnay
    lunnay Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    No.
    (I don't think there was a single day I didn't go over on sugar since I started MFP. :)
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Unless there is a medical reason for you to track sugar, I wouldn't bother tracking it. Sugar is a carb and you already track those. No need to add extra stress when it's not necessary.
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    glad to hear this.. I am over a lot too.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Calories is what makes you gain / lose weight. Also, if some of your calories are from fresh fruit or vegetables, you don't have to count them. I always look at my food diary and mentally add back my fruit / veggie sugars and try to stay within a reasonable amount of the sugar goal set by MFP. That is my hardest one too!
  • Emmabulliemum
    Emmabulliemum Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    sugar goes mad if you eat fruit on here so I agree with the posts above, just try to avoid refined 'white' sugars
  • lucycassingena
    Options
    Thank you guys,

I'm glad to hear this because sometimes I'll avoid fruit and tomatoes by fear of going too far over. Or not even come close to my calorie target because of it :-) great news.
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    No. Calories in vs Calories out.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Probably not but you may get a pudgy belly. Sugar and especially alcohol sticks to the belly.
  • lucycassingena
    Options
    Ah man thank you