Possible tibial stress fracture? Anyone had one?

Options
Hi! Basically I wanted to know if this sounded like a stress fracture. I was at the doctors yesterday, and he told me that I do likely have a stress fracture, and I'm scheduled for an MRI next Thursday.

So I'll start off by saying I'm a 19 year old female marathon runner...I've done 2 fulls, and several halfs. I did the Goofy Challenge in WDW in January, which was my 2nd marathon... I took a couple weeks off running, then jumped right into training for my next marathon, which was supposed to be in May. But I am not doing it anymore because of shin pain.

It started off when I forgot my "good" running shoes at home (I'm at college), and had to run in an old pair of shoes that are minimal stability (I'm used to very defined orthotics). I had shin pain all week running in these shoes but I decided to push through it because I thought I was just being too much of a wimp. Then that weekend, I came home to get my "good" shoes (i had been wearing the old ones for about a week and a half), and that Friday night I did a 16 mile marathon training run in my good shoes. My shins were sore, but I knew they were going to be, and I knew it wasn't going to be any easier to complete the long run on Sunday morning verses Friday evening. After that, I took about 2 weeks off running due to ongoing shin soreness. I ran the other day (just 2 miles) and it wasn't painful as much as it was uncomfortable. Then the day after that, I did 5 miles on the track.

When I run, it's uncomfortable, but not that painful. After I run, it's more pain. And the top of my foot and lower shin gets NUMB and loses feeling. As well as a tingly feeling. I can also feel a heartbeat/pulse at the injured site. One part of my shin is sore to touch, but not excruciating pain. Just uncomfortable pain. And the skin is slightly red. And there's a bump on my shin where it hurts.

Does this sound like a "typical" stress fracture? I'm confused because i'm not in a whole lot of pain or anything, but when I touch the injured site, it almost stings on the bone.