Looking for positivity!

Options
ukaggirl
ukaggirl Posts: 70 Member
Hi there. I have been on MFP actively for about a month. I am 5'4" and at my heaviest weighed 244. I am working on training for a 5k using 5K101 and am finishing up week 3. I also have been doing 30 Day Shred for the past 2 weeks. So far I have lost about 10lbs but have gained so much more in health!

I would really love to have some friends who look at the positive things in life! Lately it seems my friends (in the real world) are negative all the time. Life is so horrible and nothing will ever be good. It's exhausting and as much as I try to not let them, I can feel them dragging me down. I would love to meet some people I can communicate with who feel that no matter the struggles we have, life as we know it is fabulous and there are many remarkable things to live for each day. Don't get me wrong, I have my down days too but the good days far outnumber the bad.

So if you are looking for someone to celebrate the joys and successes of life with please feel free to friend me!

Replies

• teddabod
    teddabod Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm positive... that you ROCK!
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Hi I am also 5"4 inches tall. i started out at 250 pounds. so far I've lost 72 pounds since my last weigh in. down to 178 pounds. you are welcome to add me. if the post is still there you might want to check the post my friend made called positive people who log daily. there is a lot of them there
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I'm positive... that you ROCK!

This.

This dude know's what's up.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    What about 50% negativity with 50% positivity?
  • ukaggirl
    Options
    How about 60% positivity and 40% negativity? :smile: I can handle that.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I believe in being positive. I'm in an extremely negative situation right now, but it doesn't stop me from maintaining a positive outlook. Tomorrow is another day :)
  • Esmerayne
    Esmerayne Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I strongly believe in positivity! I'd love to help out in developing a positive atmosphere. :)
  • Jim_1960
    Jim_1960 Posts: 399
    Options
    Most people on here ooze positivity.
    Get a bunch of them on your FL and support.
    It will put real life friends in perspective.

Good luck.
  • kmortensen1
    kmortensen1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Love it! Your positive outlook will get you far! I would like to be one of your friends. :smile:
  • lgsimons1
    lgsimons1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Being Positive affects all aspects of your life ! When I get down, I find all things difficult !
    Definately enjoy your Message Board Topic and Enjoy reading that we are all toghter in this !!

Way to Go Everybody.... We are in the Majority !
    Thanks !
  • Gworkmanii
    Gworkmanii Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It sucks not having support from those who you call your friends. It seems that most of the people here try to help everyone and to keep positive. Most people here are here for the same reason you are here. To find support from people who are going through the same things we are going through.

Good luck in your journey.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I am one who says 100% positive and 0% negative
  • Sunny_fit4life
    Sunny_fit4life Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I think most people who are habitually negative don't realize there's an alternative, or that happiness is easily within their grasp if they just make the choice to be positive. Many people don't realize that their external situation does not define them. I have many people like this in my life and I want to hug them and shake them at the same time. All you can do is love them the way they are and be strong for yourself. Often your happiness will rub off on them, but they have to make the choice to be happy for themselves.

As many have said you will find a lot of positive people here. We're all human and many of us are struggling with change (to lose weight, to gain weight, to become more fit, etc...) so I don't think anyone can say they're perfectly positive all the time. You can strive for it, but don't feel bad if you ever get grumpy because it happens to the best of us. It does, however, sound like you're in a really positive place. If you'd like to add me, I'm always looking for more positive friends.
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I'm here daily (currently on day 185) and always ready and willing to lend the support! :happy:
  • ukaggirl
    Options
    I believe in being positive. I'm in an extremely negative situation right now, but it doesn't stop me from maintaining a positive outlook. Tomorrow is another day :)

I am sorry you are in a negative situation and hope we can all help you maintain your positive outlook! :smile:
  • ukaggirl
    Options
    I think most people who are habitually negative don't realize there's an alternative, or that happiness is easily within their grasp if they just make the choice to be positive. Many people don't realize that their external situation does not define them. I have many people like this in my life and I want to hug them and shake them at the same time. All you can do is love them the way they are and be strong for yourself. Often your happiness will rub off on them, but they have to make the choice to be happy for themselves.

As many have said you will find a lot of positive people here. We're all human and many of us are struggling with change (to lose weight, to gain weight, to become more fit, etc...) so I don't think anyone can say they're perfectly positive all the time. You can strive for it, but don't feel bad if you ever get grumpy because it happens to the best of us. It does, however, sound like you're in a really positive place. If you'd like to add me, I'm always looking for more positive friends.

Exactly right! I love my friends no matter what and more than anything I feel bad for them that they seem unhappy all the time. I know how much I hate it when I feel down and how good I feel when I focus on the positive things in life. I want those I love to be able to feel the same happiness I feel.
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    For sure add me! I wake up every day thinking 'wow - this is MY life' and it's amazing! We are smack dab in the middle of all kinds of stress but I know what a special gift each new day is.

I love MFP and my friends on here are fantastic. You're in great company here.
  • ukaggirl
    Options
    Thank you all for your support! I am so happy to meet so many people who love life as much as I do. Together we will reach our goals!