I hate my scale!

Options
So, I had my second weigh-in this morning and I gained 1/2 a lb! Now, I know this isn't a huge deal or anything, but it pushed me back over 180lbs, and I was SOOO happy to be out of there! I excersized every single day this week and I ate decently too! I'm not going to let it hold me down or anything, but my ego is bruised a little bit...makes me want to have a "cheat day" today REALLY bad! hahah..

Replies

• greysweatshirt
    Options
    So, I had my second weigh-in this morning and I gained 1/2 a lb! Now, I know this isn't a huge deal or anything, but it pushed me back over 180lbs, and I was SOOO happy to be out of there! I excersized every single day this week and I ate decently too! I'm not going to let it hold me down or anything, but my ego is bruised a little bit...makes me want to have a "cheat day" today REALLY bad! hahah..
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    exercise every day? It's probably water gain and muscle....
  • donnaleahnoelle
    Options
    Hi, I'm new in this site, but I would like to say,,,dont have a cheat day. I have been there and I have lost 45 lbs the hard way, one half pound at a time. It is frustrating to say the least but it is so worth it in the long run. Keep focus on the end and it will come sooner rather than later. PS I hate the scale too and actually sweat getting on it, because it can make or break your day.

Sincerely Donnaleah
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Elliot's right, it's probably water and/or muscle! Are you keeping track of your measurements? if so, measure yourself and see if there are improvements there?
  • bjigglepants
    Options
    i agree with elliot and kerri..it's likely water and muscle gain. inches matter more than pounds anyway. just remind yourself that you're eating right and exercising. taking care of yourself is more important than what's on the scale. hang in there and good luck!

as for cheat days, you're more likely to stick to a lifestyle change (don't think of it as diet, it's a lifestyle change) if you allow yourself an indulgence every now and again.
  • kasch
    kasch Posts: 35
    Options
    make sure you are eating enough calories. if you are not your body wants to hold on to everything (i think that happened to me this week..............i stayed between 14-1600 calories all week and exercised twice a day and stayed the same!!!!!!!!!!arrrrrrrrrrrgh)

also maybe 180ish is a happy weight for you????/

great job though.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hey, you do have a tape measure, right? I only weighed once a month for almost a year (I'm back to every week now on maintenance). The scale is a horrible liar! It and all its digital friends want to ruin us!

(Maybe that's slightly over-dramatic, but I really hate the scale):flowerforyou:

http://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/weight/scale.htm

Here's a great article about what I call "fake weight".
  • danasinciline
    danasinciline Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ditto what everyone else said. In addition, maybe you should get rid of your scale. If you're doing everything right, do you really need a scale to reassure you? I know it feels good when the scale tells you what you want to hear, but the good is "outweighed" (no pun intended) by the bad when it tells you what you don't want to hear. Just keep doing what you're doing.