What are you willing to give up?

Options

Replies

• Tiffanie0407
    Options
    Im going to put it this way im a vegan now. So im a plant base person now, but i miss my peanut butter.
  • imstrong4me
    imstrong4me Posts: 119
    Options
    diet coke and fastfood and junks
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    That's my question what is this journey worth to you? what are you willing to give up?

Nothing. It's a way to live, not a journey - so the question as I see it should be "What are you willing to work for?"
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    I gave up a lot for the results I've gotten. Processed foods, wheat in any form, sugar...and most of all my beloved Diet Coke. I love the results I am getting way more than I could ever love any of these foods!!!
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I am giving up using food as a source of comfort when I am sad or stressed out.

This is a great one. I was about to post that I'm not giving up anything, but I am giving up some of my emotional and psychological issues surrounding food.

I'm not, however, giving up actual food items. I'm adding in more healthy choices, like aiming for making 80% of my food choices good ones and working out three to four times a week. But I'm still enjoying the things I love. There's no reason for me to start giving things up, and in the past it has always led to diet failure when I start putting foods off-limits.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Only thing I'm actually giving up is my time.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    i'm willing to give up an hour a day and sugar which is exactly what i'm giving up
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I've given up struggling to walk hills, coughing when I lay down in bed at night because of indigestion, feeling squished into little car,movie and plane seats, feeling old. There's more but those examples flew onto the keyboard. As one of my friends would say, it's so worth it.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    The rest of my fat clothes. Someone out there will wear them. lol
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Bad habits and binging
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Being a slug.
  • lgtahoe
    lgtahoe Posts: 96
    Options
    Mindless eating. Being a slave to the scale. I gave up sugar (mostly, very special occasions excepted) because it's a binge food for me -- once I start I can't stop.
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    aching knees

(Add that cottage cheese to spaghetti sauce)
  • lgtahoe
    lgtahoe Posts: 96
    Options
    Im going to put it this way im a vegan now. So im a plant base person now, but i miss my peanut butter.

What about peanut butter isn't vegan???
  • kimmynw1
    kimmynw1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Procrastination, excuses, hopelessness, weakness, self-loathing, failure, and negativity

This!
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    The person I used to be.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to give up nothing =)
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I gave up daily soda, and nightly vodka (7 days now.) That is as far as I go. I will not give up pizza, its all I have left.
  • divaindy
    divaindy Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That's my question what is this journey worth to you? what are you willing to give up?

Nothing. It's a way to live, not a journey - so the question as I see it should be "What are you willing to work for?"

True true my friend but you did not stay the same to get where you are today...if you read the other 2 posts I wrote I am the OP you would see I know it's THE way I live now...