Opinions anyone?

Options
So I am finally at the point of knowing I HAVE TO up my calories as I am probably only netting around 1000 calories after I work out. and have not lost any weight for the past three weeks being extremely diligent logging all my food. For the past month my workout has been probably on average, 5 days a week on the elliptical burning approximately between 250- 300 calories per session. I also, do Planet Fitness's 30 minute strength training circuit 1-2 times per week. Per Fat2fit, my BMR is 1303 with my TDEE being 1914 if I use Light exercise and 2158 if I use moderate exercise. I want to do TDEE - 20% but I am not sure if I should use light or moderate? Also on the two days that I don't work out should I just eat above my BMR? Thanks in advance for any help!

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Keep it simple, start with lightly and then add it to moderate if lightly doesn't work.
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Thanks...that is what I did but I keep second guessing myself.....
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Don't be surprised if you have a little weight rebound as you up calories. Body will adjust.
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    What calculator are you using on Fat2Fit? Their primary one uses the Harris-Benedict equation. Unless you had a typo in your post, then "light" activity would indicate your TDEE would be around 1800 calories and moderate around 2025 calories. So if you take 20% off of that, you'd be at 1440 or 1620.

Did you mean 1393?
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I checked my BMR & Tdee with lightly active & moderately active then went with a number in the middle. For the most part it is working giving me a steady weight loss of about 1 - 1.5 lbs a week (except this week :cry: ) Experiment every few weeks if you need to until you find what works. Good luck!
  • loriq41
    Options
    Oh gosh, I think I wrote my BMR down right as 1303..I better go check again!
  • loriq41
    Options
    Using Harris it is indeed 1388....light is 1909 and moderate is 2151.
  • loriq41
    Options
    thanks mom2kpr!
  • Allegi32
    Allegi32 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I use the light and then eat back my exercise calories.