What is the best 'go-to' food you've found?

Options
2»

Replies

• roiLEI1554
    roiLEI1554 Posts: 143
    Options
    chestnuts! :love:
  • vschwgrt1
    vschwgrt1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Athenos roasted garlic hummus, which I add extra crushed garlic and lemon to, served with raw carrot sticks, celery, red peppers, etc. Filling and zippy because of the added garlic
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal of any kind, I especially love bob's red mill steel cut oats, I mix in a banana and sometimes use dark chocolate milk instead of regular. Also bananas, I love them. And eggs, I could eat an omelette daily. These are not new to me, but they are my go to's.
  • boroko
    boroko Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    PB2 powdered peanut butter, and spaghetti squash! Not at the same time, though :tongue:
    What is PB2 powdered peanut butter? (Obviously I know it has been somehow dehydrated, but how do you eat it? It doesn't really sound very appealing - sorry.)

You're right, I was skeptical, too - but it is very good! You mix it with water to your desired consistency (less water gives it the consistency of natural peanut butter). I like it a lot, especially because it's less 1/4 the calories of regular PB. Amazon has it for a pretty decent price. http://www.bellplantation.com/nutrition

I'd never heard of it either and as I'm always open to new foods, especially something healthy, I had a bit of a snoop around about what's in it. Don't think I'll be trying it after all! It does has less fat but has added sugar and salt and not much else going for it. If you're interested have a look at the following:

http://foodbabe.com/2012/09/16/the-truth-about-pb2-powdered-peanut-butter/
  • boroko
    boroko Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Strawberries or grapes! Replaced all the sweetness that I would get from candies or ice cream. Such a quick fix for the sweet tooth.

And raspberries! :love:
  • mq68
    mq68 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Sriracha and local honey mixed....and also peter pan peanut butter NO HFCS... edit to add romaine lettuce, butter lettuce, and spinach!
  • absinthia70
    absinthia70 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Cuties clementines and celery & peanut butter - all stolen from the kids :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    plain greek yogurt and eggs...

I eat the F out of some eggs...
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and Greek yogurt, when I need fast Brotein without cooking anything
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Eggs and oatmeal.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Tinned tuna, I spice it up, maybe have a slice of bread with it and I'm powered up.
  • tracilahart
    Options
    Cashews/ almonds/ macadamias. Keep a food scale on my kitchen counter and weight them in 1 oz. portions in Ziploc snack bags. Keep them in my purse for emergencies. I am also a big fan of the Advocare "raw" snack bar. Cut it in small pieces and keep in my purse. Drink with a 32 oz bottle of water and it is VERY filling.
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Nature's Path Hemp Waffles are great and so are the Fat Boy Jr 110 cal ice cream sandwiches if you are looking for a satisfying sweet fix that won't kill on the calories. My biggest go-to now is fresh veg/fruit juice....we got a juicer and few months ago and a ton of vegetable juice with a hit of fresh oj is great.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt, quest bars, eggs, tuna, and fruit. I live off this when I'm super swamped with work and frad school.
  • TygerTwoTails
    TygerTwoTails Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    String cheese and Wasabi Almonds!
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Eggs and plain Greek yogurt; daily staples.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Light String Cheese 50 calories, reasonable sodium