Wii fit. Any good???

Options
2»

Replies

• kathydant
    kathydant Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a wii fit and use it in conjunction with the biggest loser challenge game which if you have it set to the right level can give you a good workout. The wii fit on its own is ok, but not a great workout because of all the stopping and starting.

Like a previous poster I also use the Just Dance games on the exercise (just sweat) settings, A good way to get your heart rate up and have a bit of fun at the same time :)
  • LiveBetterDaily2013
    Options
    I have 2 of the Wii "Active" workouts and just recently fell in love with them. They have different levels of intensity for many various activities. Anything from aerobics to sports moves even stretch band workouts. Another plus for me is they show calories burned tho they may not be perfect. That to me is a gauge for me to do more or step it up. (I have strapped the remote to my leg and used the aerobic workout while using a pedalciser to gauge estimated calories burned)

Once I learned what all was available and what I was physically able to do I created my own workouts. I have 1 with nothing but cardio boxing. Another for upper body and so on. You can make them as long and as hard as you wish (easy, moderate, hard)

The key is to move and the best way is doing it with something you enjoy. I hope in some small way this helps.

Mine are the EA Sports Active 1 and 2.
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I want one or kinect but don't want to part with the money so I do youtube on TV. Tons of free exercise videos on youtube, just that the game part seems so cool!

Anything that gets you motivated and moving works.

eileen, i love my kinect (: they might be cheaper now-a-days, youd have to see at gamestop. I paid like 60 bucks for mine, but it didnt have the adapter for the older xbox, but I have a newer model xbox so it didnt matter. and a wii fit is probably dirt cheap now that wii u has come out. Wii is an obsolete system now, so its probably cheap now.