To much sodium

Options
For snacks or even lunch I like to eat deli meats (Chicken, Turkey, etc) basically whatever has the least calories and taste good (no bread). The problem is, "TO MUCH SODIUM" in these low cal snacks. Does anyone know another type of meat that doesn't have all the sodium and is lean for the low calories?

Replies

• sazziecee
    sazziecee Posts: 143
    Options
    How about roasted chicken drumsticks with the skin removed? according to the database 1 drumstick with bone and skin removed would be 76 calories
  • kcfva122
    kcfva122 Posts: 40
    Options
    Esskay brand low sodium fat free ham has 23 calories and 165 mg sodium in 1 oz - that's the lowest sodium I've been able to find. Also all Swiss cheese is low in sodium, some lower than others, somewhere around 50mg for a slice.
  • MonicaD
    MonicaD Posts: 5
    Options
    President's Choice has a few lower sodium deli meats. I don't eat processed meat too often because of the sodium content but I do find I can plan my day around these lower sodium ones a little easier.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I love deli, too! But, I like skinless, boneless, chicken breasts boiled, baked, or grilled with appropriate spices. Those spices do not have to include a lot of salt. Then, you slice it as thin as your expertise will allow and enjoy. :happy:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Any processed foods are going to have a lot of sodium. You might try some grilled chicken breasts instead.