Goal weight help!

Options
I've been thinking about my weight goal a lot lately. I know the BMI rule of course, so I've always had the mindset that my goal will be the top of the BMI for my height, being 146 pounds.

Over the past few months, my weight loss has stalled, I've been bouncing around the same 3-4 pounds for 4 months now, I'm comfortable in my body size, size 10 or 30 waist pants, med-large tops etc, my legs and arms are skinny, my butt is boney, I don't have a double chin anymore (except for my loose belly skin which I'm sure weighs at least 10 of the 20 pounds I have left to lose).

I feel like its going to take forever to lose the last few pounds. And I'm not sure I want to struggle to keep at a weight that is hard to maintain.

What have you done? What would you do? I kinda feel like I might be giving up, when I know I'm not, but you know the head games you play with yourself!

Replies

• pds06
    pds06 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Django1977
    Options
    Hey there Phoenix,

you have done a great job so far!!

If I hit a plateau... and that is not my first plateau in the moment. I readjust everything again.

Do I do enough Cardio?
    Do I do enough weightlifting?
    Do I eat the right amount of calories split over the day?
    Do I maybee eat to less or to much (calorie calculator, skin caliper measurement etc)?
    Do I cheat on myself with sugar etc etc.?

The last 10 or 20 lbs you want to loose are the hardest me thinks. Give you a bit time. Readjust your cardio or maybee get a bit in weightlifting 8-)

Cheers

Django
  • divaindy
    divaindy Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I did not see how tall you are? Durango makes a lot of very good points.
    I myself have been now close to goal only losing 1 pound a month...and I am holistic about eating tracking and daily exercising if anything I need to up my calories could that be your problem?
  • PhoenixBlaise
    PhoenixBlaise Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4".
  • divaindy
    divaindy Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Not sure but I am what I would say is a small med build I weighed 174, I am 5'5" and now weigh 134. I am almost 61. I use to think my set weight was 150 , but worked through it...worked my butt off now I am very muscular ( never thought possible) start working out at 56. I at one time was down to 125 to thin. 131 is when I feel the best. my measurements are 36/28/35 I wear a size 6

I would think with your age you should be able to be 130, if you use weights you can change your body compisition.