Introduce myself

tkropp
tkropp Posts: 3
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, my name is Toni and I'm new to this website. My goal is to stay fit and healthy. The only point is trying to get my husband involved. But that will not happen, but I have faith in him. I need all the supoort I can get in accomplishing my goal. Hope to hear fom any one on advice on healthy cooking tips and healthy choices on eating out.
Toni:tongue:

Replies

• tkropp
    tkropp Posts: 3
    Hello, my name is Toni and I'm new to this website. My goal is to stay fit and healthy. The only point is trying to get my husband involved. But that will not happen, but I have faith in him. I need all the supoort I can get in accomplishing my goal. Hope to hear fom any one on advice on healthy cooking tips and healthy choices on eating out.
    Toni:tongue:
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Welcome! And best of luck with getting your hubby involved! I'm sure once he sees how well you are doing, he will (hopefully) jump right in too! Good luck!
  • jill5677
    jill5677 Posts: 56 Member
    There is a plethora of healthy recipes on this site, and others. I usually stick to a low-fat protein (chicken or pork) some veggies and rice/potatoes for dinner and lunches I do a frozen dinner and veggies. Try to suplement all your meals with a veggie of some sort.

My advice to you for eating out, is that whenever possible, go online and try to pick what you're goign to order before you get there. Also, try to never go out to eat when you are STARVING. Finally, before your meal comes, drink a large glass of water as it should help you to not over eat. For large portions, cut it in half right away and ask for a to-go box so you can not even be tempted.

Bring gum so that after you eat your meal, you can chew on that and not be tempted by dessert! :0

Good luck!!!!
  • Rachael2179
    Rachael2179 Posts: 148 Member
    Welcome :flowerforyou: Good luck on trying to get your hubby involved. I can't get mine involved. He is a fast food junkie and weighs 145 soaking wet. :grumble: makes me sick.. He burns alot of calories though because he does construction. Just worried about his cholesterol and blood pressure.

Lots of support here. You came to the right place!!! :happy:
This discussion has been closed.