Should I not count healthy fats?

Options
Boogage
Boogage Posts: 739 Member
Hi again,

I'm a veggie and I've been trying to increase protein in my diet as it seems this is something that I am really lacking.

I've been eating small amounts of nuts, eggs, houmous etc as they seem to be quite good sources but I'm finding that although I may have only consumed around 700 calories I'm at my fat limit.

Should I just ignore the fact that there are fats in those foods as surely the benefits of eating them far out weigh the importance of a daily fat limit?

I have thought about adding protein shakes but it would cost me a fortune as most days I'm lucky if I get 15g of protein from my diet and I would have to drink a lot of shakes!

Seems I'm not a very healthy vegetarian so any advice appreciated :o)

Replies

• mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Your food diary is closed, so I can't really comment without seeing what you are actually eating.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Fat, protein, and fiber should be treated as a minimum. Aim for at least .35g fat per pound of body weight. Dietary fat =/= body fat.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Ahh yes I'm still a bit shy about opening my diary.

Working on the 0.35 sum I could/should be eating about 9 grams more fat a day which would certainly help me balance out the calories and fat a bit better

I hadn't heard of this before, thanks