My movie popcorn success

Options
luvlynda
luvlynda Posts: 2 Member
So, we are going to the movies tomorrow, and eating popcorn is almost a must for me at the movies. When I found out that a medium popcorn is 720 calories, I decided to stop at wal-mart tonight, and I bought Pop Secret movie theater butter popcorn. I am going to pop it before I go, bring it in a big purse, and enjoy 8 cups of it for only 280 calories. What a difference! Totally worth the special trip to the store.

Replies

• lookgreatfast
    lookgreatfast Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    definately along with the money you save too!
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I understand. The amount of sodium in the movie popcorn is very high. I started getting a low calorie snack before going to the movie because there are NO low-cal choices.
  • sandieh04
    sandieh04 Posts: 16
    Options
    So, we are going to the movies tomorrow, and eating popcorn is almost a must for me at the movies. When I found out that a medium popcorn is 720 calories, I decided to stop at wal-mart tonight, and I bought Pop Secret movie theater butter popcorn. I am going to pop it before I go, bring it in a big purse, and enjoy 8 cups of it for only 280 calories. What a difference! Totally worth the special trip to the store.
  • sandieh04
    sandieh04 Posts: 16
    Options
    What a fantastic idea!
  • s_reynolds777
    s_reynolds777 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great job! I went to the movies today, unprepared but only purchased a small popcorn to share with my two girls and only ate maybe 1/3 of it so still only got a couple hundred calories, along with my partial soda. It was a nice little treat but I didn't overindulge. I did however stick in a 30 min workout dvd this evening to burn the extra calories off (I had already done my regular gym workout) so I was extra proud of myself. Isn't it great to feel good about making better choices!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!