Hello!

Options
Hi! I am new to this community and loving it so far. I have lost 30lbs over the last year. I was living abroad and recently returned home to the United States for a few months of time off and being around all the food I've missed over the past two years has been really hard. I really want to focus on reaching my goals and avoiding my temptations before I go back to work in June.

My biggest challenge is living with my older sister. She's 110lbs soaking wet and loves to eat. We're both single and she works long hours and I'm not a good cook, which means we eat a lot of take out, usually Sushi. We have sushi about 3 times a week! I have been going to the gym 5 times a week. I spend about 45 minutes on the treadmill and 10 minutes jumping rope. I did a couple of sessions with a personal trainer too. I was doing okay but over the last two weeks I started gaining again!

I really hope this community will understand me better than my sister can and give me the support I need because I am starting to get discouraged.

Sorry for the long intro!

Replies

• crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Options
    Welcome!!!:) You'll find the best support here!
  • amk44
    amk44 Posts: 159
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Nice to have you and I wish you the success that you are looking for.

My daughter isn't "a cook" either, but she IS creative. :O) So we both enjoy making and eating Creative Soups and Creative Salads (both garden type and fruit) using ingredients high in nutritive value, and I've also been exploring new greens, veggies, and fruits since starting at MFP. I've learned that I've been missing enjoying some wonderful fruits and veggies that I never took an occasion to try. Even in maintenance mode, they will be a part of my diet because I've become addicted. :happy:

The added advantage of making low calorie/ high nutritition soups and large salads is having the yummy leftovers to take us through several days - and they are easy to make.

As you continue to travel on this journey, you will learn (if you haven't already) that there are many paths to the goal. You'll need to pick the healthiest one that works for you. (And congrats on the weight already lost.)
    Best of luck to you, and think positive.