Finally at 40 taking care of me

Options
My name is Jenna and I just turned 42. I have been overweight off and on since I was 13, but over 200 pounds for the last decade. My whole life, even as a child, mothering came natural to me. I am talking from taking care of lost, abused, and abandoned animals, to 15 years of foster care, to having my own child who is 22,as of this coming June. I got so used to taking care of everyone else that I just kind of faded away. In October of 2009 I met my wife. She made me feel so beautiful, I never felt fat, or big or ugly. I was 250 pounds and only 5'6 but with her I felt like a princess. She began to motivate me, she had just lost 156 pounds on her own and now was 5'10 and 199lbs. So I began walking and eating right and managed to loose 30lbs by or wedding May 2011. Well 2 years later and 2 spine injuries,and now pre diabetes I am here again to try and get under 200 pounds by September. I am 233.3 now. So my wife who also has put on 50 pounds belong to a nutrition class for a year and have joined In Shape. So, I guess every morning I thank the universe for another day and look at myself and remember its never to late......even at 40. So looking for supportive friends who are serious and want to be a part of a support system......they say it takes a village.....lol so let's do it!!!!

Replies