BMR and daily cals burned

fiendiish
fiendiish Posts: 186
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I found this. I thought it was pretty interesting for a rough estimate of what we burn vs what we eat. Take a look.

http://www.internetfitness.com/calculators/bmr.htm

Replies

• SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Whoa... says I need 2,800 calories a day. That seems a lot and is a lot more than the 1,700 I eat now :)
  • fiendiish
    fiendiish Posts: 186
    Whoa... says I need 2,800 calories a day. That seems a lot and is a lot more than the 1,700 I eat now :)

That's to maintain.

Mine was pretty much right on. Give or take 100 calories. It kind of gave me a little perspective though on what I actually burn all day. Our BMR is our most basic functions...so eating our BMR will eventually starve us, ....especially if we are putting ourselves in a deficit of over 1000 cals a day with exercise....which I know I do more often than I should.
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    This just pointed out to me that I don't think about how many calories I burn all day doing basic chores. Like when I cook dinner and it takes 1 hour. Followed by laundry and doing all the dishes. It's not a lot, but it makes me feel a little better about whether or not I'm over estimating my exercise calories. Because I don't count the really small stuff as far as activity.
This discussion has been closed.