Finally trying to get healthy!

Heylo everyone! I recently [read: yesterday] decided I needed to set myself straight. I've been getting a bit tubby from all the snacking and discovering new foods in the Big Apple. There's always more to find, even after having lived here all my life. Once I went on a break from college, I basically went a bit nuts enjoying myself. And you know what happens when you're with friends! You care even less about what you eat!

*cough* I gained over 20lbs--putting me at 5ft 7 and 166lbs--over the last year from pigging out with good pals. You can't really tell since I'm not short, but yeah, gotta lose my belly! Aside from losing that weight, I want to get healthy. I'm still young, but I won't be young forever! And things tend to go south with age when it concerns health. So I had better get a head start.

I signed up on MFP I think a year ago, but I basically forgot it ever existed and didn't do much with it. So just think of me as brand spankin' new anyway! I hope I'll be motivated to stay on a healthy path. And nice to meet you all. :)