Insanity???

Options
For those of you who have done the insanity program or are in the process of doing insanity..
Tell me about your experiences, what do you eat? What were your results. I wanna buy it but is it really hard and are the result worth the money? I have seen the commercials , are they true or is it just trying to sell the product. Please inform me :) and if your starting insanity add me so I can have a partner for insanity to compare and for motivation. :) add me

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    You can get it cheaper than their website or through a coach if you do some internet searches...

I've done the program and will never do it again. Ever.

It's good cardio. That's all it is. Lots and lots of cardio. I did lose weight, and I did lose some body fat. But I also lost muscle mass and strength. I was completely unable to do pull-ups afterwards because for 60 days I didn't do any weight lifting including chins and pull-ups because I wanted to lose body fat with the program. That was a big mistake.

I will every now and then do an Insanity video when I want to do some intense cardio in my livingroom, but I won't ever do the whole program again. I like my muscle and my strength.

As far as food, I was eating between 1800-2000 calories with a macro split of about 40/40/20.
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    Hey! I've been doing insanity for almost two months, and I've lost 15 pounds. I went from 152 lbs to 137 pounds, and I'm 5'6". I would DEFNITELY encourage you to purchase Insanity, because it's one of the best investments I've ever made. It will kick your butt, but the results are going to be amazing if you stick with it. In the beginning, I thought I would never complete a workout, and now, I'm almost keeping up with the people in the videos! When you order the program, it will include a nutrition guide that will help you to determine how many calories you should be eating, and it will offer suggestions for each meal, but you don't HAVE to follow the plan exactly. I didn't. If you do decide to purchase Insanity, I would strongly suggest investing in a heart rate monitor so that your calorie burn will be more accurate. I really hope you decide to do it:)