How long has it taken you to reach your halfway point/goal?

Options
And what was one of your proudest moments along the way?

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I took me less than two months to reach my halfway point.. I started this year at 181.5lbs, currently 167lbs.

I can't say I have a proudest moment.. I have many.

My avatar is one. Being told by another fitness instructor that I should become one like her because I'm "strong". Looking myself in the mirror and not seeing bra fat or back fat in general. Reducing my body fat by 7% in a month. Fitting size 6 jeans. Being able to do regular push ups. I could go on forever.. :laugh:

:flowerforyou:
  • Saucytee
    Saucytee Posts: 31
    Options
    Not there yet! But I will get there!
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    2/3 of the way there now - and so proud of myself! Halfway point was around xmas time - with a start in July. This last 1/3 will take a while though...

Proudest moments - every time someone said they didn't recognise me.. :)
  • Ben_1960
    Ben_1960 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Took me about 8 weeks,

I think I am proud of the discipline I maintained of working out every day at least twice a day for 12 weeks and seeing the sort of results that were better than quite a few contestants on the biggest loser. Done with a smile on my face, no blubbering or tears and no bad *kitten* trainer to spur me on.
  • justinegrey
    justinegrey Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Weight wise, I'm at my halfway point - it's taken me 10 full weeks. I started with a lot of cardio, burning 3500 calories a week in exercise plus eating less/healthier. About 4 weeks ago, I changed to a 3x week lifting program, with only moderate cardio and upped my calories and am still losing - and feeling much happier and stronger than I did when I was only doing cardio. Weight lifting is seriously addicting!

I'm most proud of my determination - I've had so many false starts over the past few years but this time around, something just clicked.

Best of luck on your journey!
  • amariecruz89
    amariecruz89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You all are so awesome and inspiring :flowerforyou: I love all your proudest moments! I hope to share in some of those in my life as I build my better lifestyle and get closer to my goal.

justinegrey: Thank you!! I already have one proud moment and I'm not near halfway. It was sticking to my exercises and healthy eating choices over spring break! My family loves to eat so every other time I've gone home I came back really disappointed because of everything I ate and that I didn't exercise, not this time though!

Saucytee: YES! We will both get there :) Proud of you!
  • jackieg218
    jackieg218 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    It took me just shy of 8 weeks. My proudest moment was also one of my most embarrassing ones.... My bra had gotten so loose that at work when I reached up to get something, both girls slipped out of the bottom of my bra. To say the least, I went shopping that night!
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Once I really started to get dedicated it took me about 6 months. I did it slow and steady I think. I started with 91 lbs to lost and only have 40 left.

I am not in a rush... My proudest moment is when I went to the store in December and was no longer in the Plus size section.. Another moment was when I decided at 220lbs to get on a 10 year old ghetto Wal-Mart Mountain bike and ride to work 13 miles away.. I made it and felt great! It was not easy, as there were many nasty hills but I did it..

Now, my proudest moment is realizing that I can and will finish.. The # on the scales is not AS important to me as it was before.. My focus now is to tone and lose at the same time... After tax season I plan to hit the weights more and do spin class and ride my bike still.. I love my new bike and love spin more than anything...

everybody loses differently.. Has I buckled down and ate better this whole time I know I would be 20 lbs away from goal by now... I am still 100% happy with my progress... This is a lifestyle change for me and I told myself that If I wanted to eat out I was going to and would figure it out along the way... Here I am still eating out and losing weight.
  • 33clb
    33clb Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am not sure when I hit my halfway point since I have changed my goal many times. I am currently down 82 pounds and truly feel like a new person. I started dieting 14 months ago and my goal then was to wear a size 12 and I made it!!! Now I want to lose 35 more pounds. I am proud of myself for being dedicated and not giving up. I joined MFP July 2012 and I had already lost around 55 pounds but was stuck.MFP helped me to start losing again.

SW 260
    CW 178
    GW 145
  • misspastry
    misspastry Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    6.5 months
  • amariecruz89
    amariecruz89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    jackieg218: lol, that's a great moment. Good job :)

33clb: Way to go! You're doing great! I started in January at 220 and am currently 203-205. I can't wait to break the 200s!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!