Does anyone even lift on here??

Options

Replies

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    glad your not:wink: i would have thought that having the name of a city followed by the area code would have implemented i was from around there.. Guess not, and im not a machine either yet i have a plate in my jaw and rod in my forearm with a little shrapnel in my bonessssss

stop ,just stop.. your making my brain hurt .....

*disclamier* I swear not ALL people from Miami are like ^^^^^^^^
  • kalieah
    kalieah Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm lifting a spoon in my mouth at pretty high reps, does that count?
    lmfaaoo
  • kalieah
    Options
    I take lifting pretty damn seriously, and I'm a girl. But I know what you mean by there are a lot of people on here giving bad advice about lifting.
  • kalieah
    Options
    Is this "lifting" available in the form of a DVD? I already have a yoga mat.
    this is sarcasm, right?:$
  • dondimitri
    dondimitri Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I read the whole thread and I still don't know what a "brah" is. Did I miss it?
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    brah i just like saying bro
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I do cardio at least three days a week anywhere between 20 min. to 90 min. per session (though, usually it is 30-45 min), plus I do strength training at least twice per week (using The Total Gym, which I love). Admittedly, I haven't a clue what I'm doing. But I can tell you that I am absolutely getting the results that I want (others my want more bulk, some may want more or less definition, I don't know, and would not know what to advise were I asked). I am loving the way I look (but am still a work in progress, not yet settled) and feel.

To those who actually know what they're doing, and considering that I am indeed getting MY desired results, I'd like to hear whether what I am doing at least sounds sensible/logical. I have no plan to reach some specific goal in this regard. I'm in it for the long haul, and plan to continue to be fit the rest of my days. What's your thoughts?

If you are happy with your results, and especially as you do not have much weight to lose. then I would not change anything. If you want to increase strength you should do a more traditional progressive loading strength routine...but, if you are not worried about that...keep doing what is giving you the results you want.

I foresee a point where the Total Gym will not give you enough of a strength workout - having to do 25-35 reps of anything to get to fatigue is probably not in your best interest. You may at that point want to consider a program that challenges you more. Glad it works for you though!

"enough of a strength workout" for what?
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Yeah brah, I lift.

For realz.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    i hate to think of how i would have shamed my family if i had access to the worldwide megaphone that is the internet when i was the same age as the OP. as it was, i could only show my ignorance to those close enough to hear my voice, and we didn't have phones that could record sound or video either.

man oh man, the dumb **** that used to come out of my mouth.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    hippies in the fitness world arent the same as to say like hendrix type of hippie.... Anyways some people get a little to but hurt

What's wrong with hendrix type? I consider it a pre/post-workout sup. I lift a bit, I consider my lifting respectable, I have a long way to go before I would declare myself a "lifter"

Currently pr:
    Bench 275x5, Strict OHP 205x5, Deadlift 525x1, Squat 405x6
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    And i never meant to insult any of those females who lift, i simply meant that woman usually tend to stick to doing a lot more cardio since lifting weights will make them bulky

:noway: :laugh: Do I look bulky to you? I've been lifting for about a year and get mad when I have to skip a day. My trainer brags to people about my sweet squat rack skills. :bigsmile:
  • __RANDY__
    Options
    Im actually not from KS as you can see my S/N starts with MIAMI... Im only here because im in the military

Oh your from Miami, I live here and all I see in the gyms are brah's doing bro curls wearing long pants to the gym.

So let me ask you, Do you even lift?
  • MiamiKid305
    Options
    And i never meant to insult any of those females who lift, i simply meant that woman usually tend to stick to doing a lot more cardio since lifting weights will make them bulky

:noway: :laugh: Do I look bulky to you? I've been lifting for about a year and get mad when I have to skip a day. My trainer brags to people about my sweet squat rack skills. :bigsmile:

The thing is, The majority of woman who go to the gym are always in the cardio room, everyday doing the same thing and if you ask them why so much cardio and not any lifting they'll tell you that.. "lifting will make me bulky" which isnt true
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    bodybuilding.com forums are
    > thataway.

Brah.

I hear they even lift on there. :bigsmile:
    99.999999% of bb misc doesn't even lift.
  • __RANDY__
    Options
    Yeah ive seen the cuban dudes in miami wearing tight *kitten* jeans, and ridiculous v-neck bedazzled shirts to go hit the gym.. And i do lift, but only on the weekends

Yep, you've been here.

Hats they wear ball caps to the gym lately.

bedazzled shirts and jeans in the gym....I don't even know.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

Oh the Horror ... look at all that manly muscle ../sarcasm

Hun you look amazing lift away... I just recently started lifting and If I could get your abs I would probably never cover them again lol
  • MiamiKid305
    Options
    Yeah ive seen the cuban dudes in miami wearing tight *kitten* jeans, and ridiculous v-neck bedazzled shirts to go hit the gym.. And i do lift, but only on the weekends

Yep, you've been here.

Hats they wear ball caps to the gym lately.

bedazzled shirts and jeans in the gym....I don't even know.

I go to porky's when im down in miami, the one in coral way... Thats where all the cuban mafia bodybuilders go, gold chains and all! and maybe some cocaine as a preworkout supp
  • __RANDY__
    Options
    I go to porky's when im down in miami, the one in coral way... Thats where all the cuban mafia bodybuilders go, gold chains and all! and maybe some cocaine as a preworkout supp

I like that gym, but I go to the one at FIU.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

The thing is, The majority of woman who go to the gym are always in the cardio room, everyday doing the same thing and if you ask them why so much cardio and not any lifting they'll tell you that.. "lifting will make me bulky" which isnt true

So, do those women try to give lifting advice to the dudes with the striated but holes?
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Just wondering, ive seen a lot of comments that are just RIDICULOUS!!! People who think they lift giving other people advice like "if you wanna TONE up just do high reps" or like you can bulk up and lose fat at the same time... Who lifts??????

I added muscle and lost fat while doing only cardio. No need to be condescending about those of us built like this.