Need help curbing sweet-tooth!

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to help me stop craving sweets especially chocolate seems to be my downfall.

Replies

• themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I do mini chocolate rice cakes, chocolate protein shakes, and lately, strawberries, blueberries and blackberries with low fat whip cream which is amazingly sweet and has been helping a lot!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I think it all boils down to will power....there is no quick fix to it....I dont beleive

I have a major sweet tooth....I just dont buy them as often as I use to....and I tell my mom not to bring them

However the once in a while they come in,.....I eat them like crazy

So, the less they are in the house the better

Its just will power
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Fruit
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Do you like fruit?
  • jenkins1
    jenkins1 Posts: 10
    Options
    I have a huge sweet tooth and for lent i gave it all up. I couldn't believe i didnt eat any of it for 7 weeks!
    Personally once i've got the taste of something sweet like chocolate mainly thats it, it's a downward spiral from there.

I either don't touch anything sweet or i have a cereal bar that has a thin layer of chocolate on the bottom of it just so i feel like ive had a fix without eating a full chocolate bar. Or even hot chocolate is good, you can get some with as little as 40 calories.

Hope that helps a bit.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Some people say to only have one bite of what you want but I was having trouble stopping once I started. If you can try to ban yourself for two weeks that might help, it helped me. I found that once I stopped eating it all the time the craving went away. I heard that sugar makes you crave more sugar and carbs so try to stay way from the yummy :devil:!
    Eat fruit for your sweet-tooth, spring is the time for the berries and melons to start coming out so take full advantage and stock up! You can even put a little coca powder on top of some strawberries, as long as you use just a bit for the chocolate flavor. I wish you luck just stay with it and you will be fine.
  • AmberWilkie
    Options
    thanks for the suggestions I will try them. I think it probably does come down to not having it in the house.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I chew gum. It's saved me several times from eating super sweet stuff.
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    I've always been a super chocoholic. However, for the first time in my life I seem to have eliminated my sweet tooth. The only real change I did to my diet before this happened was to stop buying store bought bread completely. I was given a whole wheat bread recipe that calls for honey instead of sugar and unsweetened apple sauce instead of butter and in a couple of weeks I stopped craving sweets. I can even enjoy a sweet now at a birthday party or dinner, and not crave a second one. Its is truly like I have a different body.
  • Al77
    Al77 Posts: 47
    Options
    My favorite..chocolate graham crackers and put fat free cool whip on them and make a sandwich and freeze it. Tastes exactly like an ice cream sandwich!
  • AndriaLL
    AndriaLL Posts: 162
    Options
    It's chocolate for me, too. Not the healthier dark stuff, either.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I also have a massive sweet tooth...mainly for just chocolate and/or peanut butter. So I buy chocolate peanut butter rice cakes, chocolate graham crackers, and Fiber One bars. Or my new favorite lately has been Edy's or Breyers fat free chocolate fudge brownie. I eat great all day and reward myself at the end of the day with 1-2 servings of the ice cream. Having those sweet things at the end of the day really keeps me on track because I'm satisfying my craving and not depriving myself, but not going overboard, either. HTH!! :smile:
  • AmberElaine84
    Options
    My favorite..chocolate graham crackers and put fat free cool whip on them and make a sandwich and freeze it. Tastes exactly like an ice cream sandwich!

What a GREAT idea!
  • AmberElaine84
    Options

What a GREAT idea! Can't wait to try that one!!