Starting work! Need BIG lunches idea/recipes

Options
futureshopaholic
futureshopaholic Posts: 64 Member
Hello! :)
I'm starting my first job as a dishwasher so it'll be a lot of physical work. One thing I know is that I will be straving! I don't want to have something normal for lunch and probably overeat at dinner and eat everything in site. So I need ideas for big lunches or lunches that will def. fill someone up.

Replies

• jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    <-- stirfry queen. take a bag of frozen veggies (I like bags that have more than 1 kind- and usually use a bag that has 100-150 cals for the whole 3-ish serving bag) and stirfry it with 5-7oz of chicken or shrimp with 2 tbsp of stirfry saice (I vary the sauce). poof! a super easy, super healthy high protein/low carb dinner or lunch for 250-400 cals :-)
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    shredded chicken
    made in a crock pot in BBQ sauce, could also use salsa
    tons of recipes online or on here.
    really good on a salad, sandwich, burrito, or make buffalo chicken pizza.
    my condiment of choice with this is red pickled onions
    super easy to make yourself.
  • jellybelly67
    jellybelly67 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    well as for the first post, i wouldnt have the time or the facilities to make a stir fry at lunch time! I would make soup and heat it up. I make a simple veg soup...and then get maybe some low cal bread then just have some fruit after it or a low cal yoghurt.
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    It's all in the preparation..... I work full time and I cook on the weekends and then divide it all up into individual serves.
    Grilled chicken breasts, casseroles, pretty much anything!!! I make protein pancakes, divide all the veggies up into individual serves, keep protein powder at work or in your bag/car.
    There's no excuse not to be prepared. I am a single mother with 4 children and I work full time, it's just a matter of deciding what you are going to eat for the coming week and then getting your freezer stocked up.
    I promise it doesn't take long!!! You won't regret it, it makes my life sooooooooo much easier