Favorite Costco Items?

Options
Found some chicken burgers the other day that are 150cal and 22 g protein and single hummus cups. I see some kirkland items logged.

Just wondering what favorite healthy items are available at Costco?

Replies

• rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Ours carries a lot of organic produce and I also buy protein bars, salmon and Greek yogurt there.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    I have never been to a Costco!!!! :embarassed:
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Ours carries a lot of organic produce and I also buy protein bars, salmon and Greek yogurt there.

Darn, you're lucky.. there's almost no organic produce at mine and that's what I go for. I like to get the organic chicken stock there, as well as cereals and 100 cal snack packs (they have lots of varieties).
  • 64GT
    64GT Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have only found Chobani Greek Yogurt and my wife says it smells like S#!? so I try to buy Fage brand. We do buy bottled water, olive oil, gasoline, Orbit gum, vitamins, and socks there!
  • kittycatkay
    kittycatkay Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Chicken tortilla especial soup for only 130 cals per cup :)
  • DLSlim
    DLSlim Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I only go twice a month and each trip I purchase $30 of cheese. That's it.
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    We buy our salmon, chicken, milk, cheese, eggs, egg whites, coconut water, quinoa, trail mix' organic spinach and carrots, gluten free organic chicken stock, greek yogurt, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, hummus all there.
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Mine has frozen tilapia with pesto that I really like. I also get their frozen mixed fruit bags to use in smoothies, Fage (unfortunately mine doesn't sell plain single-serving cups), eggs, strawberries and mandarins.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I love the Kirkland brand green tea, and their Greek yogurt. I get my hummus and salmon from there, and when I want rotisserie chicken, its the place to go. It's at least 2 bucks cheaper than everywhere else and because they sell so many its always very fresh. Oh, love to get a big bag of shelled pistachios too.
  • mlbqd3
    mlbqd3 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sabra single serving Hummus cups, red peppers, organic spinach, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, frozen chicken breasts, coffee, raw almonds, lean ground beef, shredded cheese, artichokes, Baked Lays potato crisps

New Favorites: Lower sugar Detour protein bars, protein powder, Blue Diamond Almond milk!! (40 cals a cup!) :happy:

LOVE Costco!
  • summersbest
    summersbest Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    We love their salmon. Also get the following there:

Kirkland almonds
    Premier protein shakes and bars
    Saputo low fat cheese strings
    Diva's delightful crisps
    Kashi go lean crunch
    Chicken tortilla soup
    Coconut oil - virgin cold pressed

So much cheaper than in grocery, bulk or health food stores!
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Their Kirkland Signature coffee is amazing, and a terrific value (around $10 for 3#). I also get the frozen basil pesto tilapia, frozen panko breaded cod, frozen Atlantic salmon filets, Nutiva organic extra virgin coconut oil, Cytosport vanilla whey protein powder, fiber gummies (and numerous other supplements), La Tortilla Factory smart & delicious low carb high fiber tortillas, Kirkland Signature shredded cheese, Stabilyze snack/meal replacement bars, Wholly guacamole, broccoli, spinach/spring mix blend, fresh berries, frozen berries (for smoothies), Foster Farms chicken breasts (packaged in 6 pairs, and incredibly convenient), Dave's Killer Bread (may only be available in the West), and a lot of other things. As far as non-food items, I very much like the Kirkland signature laundry detergent and plastic wrap. You really can't go wrong with their brand, excellent quality.

I'm listing my favorite seasoning ever here. I found it at Costco, and it's just amazing. It's Simply Asia sweet ginger garlic seasoning.

ETA: I also got a terrific set of cookware there last fall, and they still have it at my Costco. It's Circulon Premier Professional Non-stick. Lol, I just googled it, and amazon carries it for $100 MORE than it was at Costco. Come to think of it, I also got my cell phone there. A house is pretty much the only thing you can't buy there. :wink:
  • IliN82
    IliN82 Posts: 108
    Options
    We buy the humous too!

Some things that we buy:

FISH!!! Love their fish!! Haddock, tilapia etc. Just bake it with some lemon in the oven.
    Chicken Breasts
    Veal
    Pork joints or chops
    Ground beef

Total greek yogurt with fruit pots
    Almonds
    Walnuts
    Vanilla Protein Shakes(ready made)
    Tinned Tomatoes
    Organic eggs
    Milk

Oh their frozen fruit is great for smoothies!

Cheese (Parmesan, gouda, feta)

These are fantastic doe sandwiches! Very feeling and low cal:
    http://www.damascusbakery.com/product_info.cfm?productid=40886
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I loved when sold the flats of Fage, which is the only bulk yogurt I've ever seen that was "peach free"... now they sell Chobani which has Peach, an I hate peach.

Sabra Hummus in individual 2oz cups are great for work snacks
    Jarlsberg Lite Deli cheese
    Thomas' English Muffins
    Columbia Farms Marionberry Spread
    Kirkland Strawberry spread

Kirkland Bourbon and Kirkland Spiced Rum are also bargains and fine for mixing.
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Love the Mahi Mahi Wild Pacific and the Jarlsberg fat free cheese (50 calories a slice). Hoping for Activia Light (60 calories per 4 oz) one of these days.
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Tilapia, chicken breast, lettuce, grape tomatoes, English cucumbers, sugar snap peas, hummus, cheese, peanut butter, salt, newmans own organic k-cups, cottage cheese, gum, nuts. I love Costco!
  • Angie2822
    Angie2822 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Protein Powder, Detour Protein bars, greek yogurt, grapefruit cups, bread, milk, bottled water, beef jerky, gum, vitamins, clothing, cheese strings, jalepeno yogurt, hummus, single serving PopChips, laundry soap and softener, gym clothes...etc.

We love Costco.
  • amntsu
    amntsu Posts: 30
    Options
    Fage greek yogurt, berries of all kinds, torta rolls, nuts of all kinds, mango salsa, multigrain cherrios, the list goes on and on. I only win they sold belvita biscuits. :)
  • 2EggsSeparated
    Options
    Cat litter and paper goods.
  • zonah
    zonah Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds and almond butter!