new to mfp

Options
Hell, I just started with Myfitnesspal and have a question regarding the add food section: who puts those in the list? I dont' see a lot to choices. Am i in the right section?

Replies

• MissCaroline71
    MissCaroline71 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If you click on "add food" the page that pops up will automatically list foods you have already entered...... (recently/breakfast/dinner/all).

There is a search feature....

I recommend using the search feature - and keep it at a high level until you get used to the names...
    eg: Instead of looking for nice big red juicy apple - look for apple - see what options are there, and then re-search and narrow it down.
    If you are entering fast food or chain food - just enter the name of the restaurant in the search field eg: Chillis - and see what appears.
  • batjag102856
    Options
    thank you. Are the food listed in there inputted by members of this website or are they put in by a professional so we are sure of the true calories?
  • nanainkent
    nanainkent Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    input by members which is why you will see differing info for same product. You will need to either match up what you know to be true, (read label and confirm) or also look for which has the highest numbers of confirmations by other users.