water weight

Options
How long does water weight stays in your system? I must have ate too many peanuts last night even though I did not go over my daily calories intake. I expected the water gain when I weighed myself this morning. But 3 lbs?! wow! :sad:

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    A day or two sometimes... don't stress.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    If I eat Chinese food it takes 2-3 days to leave me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Depends...lots of water and get your sweat on. Usually a couple of days...but, it's water...so who really cares. Personally, I'm only concerned with fat loss, not water loss. One of the many reasons people need to focus on more than the stupid number on a scale. I mean really...how many people are going to come up to you and say, "whoa....looks like you're holding a bit of water there...better take it easy."

There are numerous things that will make your body retain water, including awesome things like exercise...your muscles need to retain the water to recover. So again...fat loss, not water loss should be the focus. Weigh and take measurements...
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Depends. I find that the more water I drink, the faster I lose the water weight (half day to a day). I know that sounds weird, but it works.