im absolutely dont know what to do!?

Options
The hardest thing for me is controlling what i eat right after i come home from classes. thats at 2:30. I want to forget this whole week because each day i would pig out like crazy and i mean like 4 pounds of food!, and then i would tell myself tomorrow youll do better and encourage myself you can do it, but yet again the same thing happens, and sometimes im not even hungry. I dont pig out in the mornings or in th evening. There is this happy feeling i get right after my classes that i know ill get to eat something yummy and i look forward to that feeling. So what should i do right after coming home that will keep me from eating like crazy. I cant get out of the house but any other suggestions?

Replies

• CNYGAL
    CNYGAL Posts: 5
    Options
    Bring a high protein snack with you to have before you head home? Try some almonds or nut butter on whole wheat bread. This should fill the immediate craving so you can make good choices when you get home. I love chocolate milk when I get home after after a big workout.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    i could give you a dozen little tips and tricks but i'm going to go with just one. have some self control. it's hard, but without self control all the other tips and tricks don't work anyway. you're running things, not your appetite. control yourself.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You're aware of it. Now take the steps to make it stop happening. Admitting you have a problem is the hardest part. You've just done that. Work on your self control. Think of something else to do right when you get home.
  • billibenson
    billibenson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Pre-plan what you're going to have when you come home before hand.
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Well it sounds like to me you know where your problem is, Now you have to change your mind set to something else. Right now you have got it set on EAT after class, change it to a VEGGIE after class, and really stick true to it.. Before you know it , it will change ..... Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • randoswife
    randoswife Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This may sound harsh, but I'm not trying to be mean...YOU have to control YOURSELF. That's the only way this will work.

You know you will binge after class, so you need to limit what you eat or pick something filling and healthy that you find yummy enough to satisfy you. Either way, it's all you.

I do wish you the best of luck, and don't stop trying...you'll get there :)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a healthy snack just prior to my workout ...... and another directly afterwards ...... I keep an insulated lunchbox handy, with small paks of almonds, a cheesestick, small container of hummus & some raw veggies, apples, and extra bottles of water.

Plus there's not very much "junky" stuff in my kitchen, so if I do overeat, at least it's sort of healthy :drinker:

Good luck & congrats on working out !
  • ddellner
    ddellner Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Are you eating breakfast before classes and having some lunch or snacks before you get home. That would be the first thing you should do. Then plan your after class snack ahead of time knowing how many calories you want to spend. Also make sure you are writing down everything you eat That has helped me a lot Good luck you can do it!
  • t4meslavens
    t4meslavens Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What helps me is I go to youtube and put on
    some encouraging/relaxing music or talk
    this reminds me and helps me refocus on what
    my goal is-which is to be healthy. I posted a couple for you
    hope these help. So before you allow you self to eat anything
    after class do this first to help you make good choices.

http://youtu.be/8R4PYCgU8Pk
    http://youtu.be/zDcnCi1BVOQ
  • t4meslavens
    t4meslavens Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oh, one more thing don't be hard on yourself-you can't
    change yesterday-but you can make better changes
    today and tomorrow. Go to my group SE Kansas City Mo and see my
    earlier post on the Boogie man and my other one on fight for yourself
    -You can do it-you are worth it.
    I've done the same thing myself after class but that was then this is now
    cheering for you
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    You need to think of something else to reward yourself with!

How about "when I get home, I will watch my favorite show on Hulu" or "take a bubble bath" or something like that. Don't have food as a reward! Have food to nurture your body and other things as rewards!

Also, agree with you needing some protein after school. When I hit a hunger zone at work, I eat a 100 calorie pack of RAW almonds, SLOWLY. Chew them up. It's amazing how satiating they are.

Also, make friends here, log on after classes, and say HELP ! I REALLY WANT TO BINGE! And we will help you :flowerforyou: