What I Realized Yesterday

Options
I had a chance to read "Shape" magazine yesterday (and I am in no means putting the magazine down) and was reading about Beyonce and how she lost her baby weight and looking at all the fit models, etc...and realized I would MUCH rather come here and read 'real people' success stories! I can really relate to others that have full time jobs, families, stresses that I have and find inspiration in them, rather than those that have full time help, nutritionists, cooks, house cleaners, drivers, trainers, etc...Trust me, B looks amazing but I think those here sharing their pics look just as beautiful! One day I hope to be a success story and be able to inspire like many of you have inspired me :)

Replies

• tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I concur :)
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    With that attitude, you can do ANYTHING YOU WANT! You're already a success story because you're not buying what the media is trying to tell you. You're far ahead of the curve now. Just keep going! Good luck to you :)
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    The thing about celebrities loosing weight, is that they can afford to have personal trainers come in for hours a day plus they are able to hire people to cook for them. The rest of us that have normal lives aren't able to do that. I wish I was. Every day is a struggle just to not put that cookie in my mouth. I also like watching the Biggest Looser but when they are there, all they are doing is working out. With three kids, one with special needs, a job and a house to take care of, I only have about 1 hour a day to myself. Usually my exercise comes from walking my kids to and from school (about 1 mile round trip).
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Agreed totally! I wish they would do more "real life" success stories as those are the ones we can relate to and be motivated by!!!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Good for you! A lot of people don't realize that people like Beyoncé probably have personal chefs, 24/7 access to a personal trainer, and probably all day to work out. Being fit and looking good is their job, and if we spent 8-10 hours a day working on it, having plastic surgery, then having our pics photoshopped, we would look perfect too.
    Yay for real people! I don't know how I'd manage without my friends on here. :flowerforyou:
  • XXbrendaXX
    XXbrendaXX Posts: 169
    Options
    Very well said. :smile:
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Not to mention these celebrities have people to look after their kids AND cook for them AND do the housework while they are working out.
  • whatascene
    whatascene Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    How I look at it is these people are getting paid uber amount of money for their looks. It's their job to look good. And they do whatever it takes to look good- depriving themselves, unhealthy diet methods, next to impossible workout schedules, and sometimes even surgeries. I remember when Rhianna confessed her diet in a magazine and she ate 2 eggwhites for breakfast and one 4oz plain grilled piece of chicken for dinner. It was something along those lines. That's miserable. But anyway, I got distracted. Celebs are paid to work out, they have people to make their healthy meals for them. If we all got paid to do that, we'd look as good as them... But to be honest I think it's miserable to surround your day/life with obsessing about what you eat next and when you work out. I'd rather worry about other things in life.
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You are so right!
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'll stick with us everyday people trying to improve our health.
    Good for them and I understand their careers demand it and they can afford the assistants, chefs, personal trainers etc. Sometimes their paycheck is counting on it, I get that.
    I still prefer our success stories. :flowerforyou:
  • initforlife_cc
    Options
    Really well said, I agree with everything you said!