Replies

• bylot
    bylot Posts: 11
    Options
    Welp, if people are that thick..
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I, for one, am extremely leary of anything with "smoothies" or "shakes" as part of the plan.

Going 3 days on pure water is the best "body reset" ever. Period.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    bylot wrote: »
    Welp, if people are that thick..
    People are that thick. :s

• DiabolicalColossus
    DiabolicalColossus Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    What exactly is wrong with your body that it needs a "kickstart"? (Barring legitimate medical issues, anyway.)

Oh, wait.

NOTHING.

You were sold a lie by marketers, and now you're trying to sell it to others.

You COULD eat food without fiddling around and making smoothies, but why do that when you could unnecessarily over-complicate things and feel special because you're making a sincere effort you'll eventually abandon, because you "can't" lose weight by exercising and maintaining a slight caloric deficit?

A diet being in a book doesn't make it legitimate.

I could write a book tomorrow espousing the benefits of eating sand and you'd probably jump on board so long as it contained the words "kickstart", "jumpstart", "clean eating" or "smoothie".

Well, I know what I'm doing today...
  • katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Well this made me laugh, someone should do this on a paleo thread, lolz
  • WordWhimsy
    WordWhimsy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    So if anyone out there is interested how this is going, I've finished day 2 and am feeling very good here on day 3. Surprisingly I'm not sick of the smoothies yet, but I know I will be after 5 days. Since I'm going to need some more variety I've looked into some other recipe books.

I requested a few cookbooks from my library from Candice Kumai, she used to do a cooking show that I liked called "Cook Yourself Thin" where she would take recipes and make them lighter. She is also into juicing and smoothies and has a couple recipe books on those alone (which I know is not for everyone). She even has a baking one, which I'm excited to try.

• WordWhimsy
    Options
    Day 3 in the books! Today is day 4 and I've learned a few things. Planning ahead (the night before) makes everything simple and easy for the next day. This way of eating has helped calm my obsession with food.

I just have to plan my two 150 cal snacks (make sure they have the right cals/fiber/protein/sugar) and I'm good to go.

I am going to an author event at a bookstore tonight, and I've already decided I will just have tea or a latte during the event.

I'm starting to stop thinking about what I'm going to eat (as my reward) and I'm getting pleasure from sticking to the plan and losing weight (that is my reward). I'm also thinking about avoiding temptation (junky snacks at work) and when I say no, or avoid an empty calorie treat, I'm feeling victorious :blush:

I was also reading a book by Maria Menounos and she makes a lot of Harley's smoothies to stay on track, she usually has one a day, or every other day as a meal.

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    How you lose it is how you maintain it… that's my mantra. I do like the idea of green smoothies.. I think it would be a great thing to get nutrients for the day. But no way would i drink them for all my meals. Cause in real life.. i wouldn't do that everyday.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I'll be back in 500 days... :laugh:
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    After the first 5 days, I will be eating meals most of the time, just one or two smoothies a day(depending how I feel and my schedule), plus two snacks.

I am surprised I like the green smoothies the best. They are the most filling and with some pear or lime juice they taste really good.
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    WordWhimsy wrote: »
    Planning ahead (the night before) makes everything simple and easy for the next day. This way of eating has helped calm my obsession with food.

I just have to plan my two 150 cal snacks (make sure they have the right cals/fiber/protein/sugar) and I'm good to go.

I'm starting to stop thinking about what I'm going to eat (as my reward) and I'm getting pleasure from sticking to the plan and losing weight (that is my reward). I'm also thinking about avoiding temptation (junky snacks at work) and when I say no, or avoid an empty calorie treat, I'm feeling victorious :blush:

I'm not really into this diet, but I love this! It's exactly what I do (except I work in a few junky snacks here and there). It helps me calm down and I don't feel hungry or cravy (is that a word?).
  • WordWhimsy
    edited October 2014
    Options

I'm not really into this diet, but I love this! It's exactly what I do (except I work in a few junky snacks here and there). It helps me calm down and I don't feel hungry or cravy (is that a word?).

Thanks, another thing (for when I'm eating less smoothies/more meals) is just to focus on the meal at hand.

3 meals, 2 snacks, that is all I am allowed each day. I think before I grazed and went over gradually, a little more here, a little more there, sure I can make it up and only have salad for dinner. Now I'm thinking snacks are 150 calories and I can have 2 a day, that's it! Meals are 300-400 calories and I get three a day, and I'm done! It's not rocked science, break the day into smaller more planned and focused eating events. Not.... well.... I had this huge sandwich for lunch, now I can have broth for dinner, because I overate. Sure I think a couple times a week, I can have a splurge meal, but it's up to me to decide the parameters of those meals.

• kommodevaran
    Options
    WordWhimsy wrote: »
    Thanks, another thing (for when I'm eating less smoothies/more meals) is just to focus on the meal at hand.

3 meals, 2 snacks, that is all I am allowed each day. I think before I grazed and went over gradually, a little more here, a little more there, sure I can make it up and only have salad for dinner. Now I'm thinking snacks are 150 calories and I can have 2 a day, that's it! Meals are 300-400 calories and I get three a day, and I'm done! It's not rocked science, break the day into smaller more planned and focused eating events. Not.... well.... I had this huge sandwich for lunch, now I can have broth for dinner, because I overate. Sure I think a couple times a week, I can have a splurge meal, but it's up to me to decide the parameters of those meals.

I used to graze too. Tried not to think too much of how much I ate, because I knew it was too much! But I worried sick about it. Now I know how much I'm eating, I know how much I can and should eat, and I know I'll be fine as long as I follow my plan. Strange, isn't it, the limits are liberating! B)
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I still don't understand what is being reset.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I still don't understand what is being reset.
    Apparently people are like Nintendos.... smh :laugh:
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    Finished day 4 yesterday, today is my last day of 3 smoothies for meals, and I'm glad! I do enjoy my snacks, this morning was low sodium turkey and 1/2 apple. This afternoon I'll probably have fiber cheese crackers and almonds (that is one of my favorite snacks in the afternoon, a great pick me up).

I'm planning a nice pot of bean and pumpkin soup sometime this weekend.
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    I used canned pumpkin, I think it's just pumpkin puree.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    2013 THREAD

Wonder where OP is at and how things are working out now?
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    What do people have against chewing?
  • TJR88
    TJR88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What do people have against others discussing something they are trying out? It does sound a little fad-ish but not extreme or unhealthy. I'm personally focusing on simply tracking calories but there are other methods that can work for people and they should be able to discuss these without a constant barrage of naysayers ridiculing them.