Calculating juicing calories?

Options
So I've always had trouble eating the nose carry amount of fruits and veggies. Not that I don't like them, I just work so much that I don't have time to eat that much so I've started juicing my fruits and veggies cause it's easier to reach over and take a swig out of a shaker cup then peal a fruit or chop up a veggie. I've always counted my calories, but have NO idea how to calculate what I'm taking in now that I juice! Any experts out there? HELP!! Thanks guys!

Replies

• ShawndaSallee
    ShawndaSallee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Holy crap auto-correct got me good! The first sentence should read "I've always had trouble eating the recommended amount of fruits and veggies"
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Juicing only removes the fiber so whatever you juice, log it. If you throw in an apple, log an apple, if you throw in a peach, log a peach. Most of the calories are from the sugars in the juice. The fiber is virtually calorie free.
  • phykes203
    phykes203 Posts: 10
    Options
    I tend to look up whatever I've juiced and add the word "generic" to it. For example, generic beet juice. I just guess on amount. I figure it's so healthy for me the calories don't count as much. :)
  • ShawndaSallee
    ShawndaSallee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I agree with that for the veggie juices. Cause alot if my veggie juices are from greens and those are free foods basically for me. But it's the fruit juices I don't want to overload on. Thanks guys!