What's the healthy to eat at Olive Garden...

Options

Replies

• fairie_marie
    Options
    They have a new low cal menu.. The Apricot chichen is just chicken and veggies no pasta.. I think it is 440 cals.. I had it, not going to say it was amazing but it worked since I had to eat there.
  • mapnerd2005
    mapnerd2005 Posts: 363
    Options
    Split an entree (or box up half), ask for dressing on the side for your salad (do the "fork dip" to minimize the amount you use), and show restraint when it comes to breadsticks. Make sure the rest of your meals for the day are as healthy as possible. I went to Olive Garden last weekend and was able to stay under my calorie goal for the day.
  • Queenofthezoo
    Queenofthezoo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love their Apricot Chicken, and it is one of their "healthier" entrée choices.
  • heathercarver96
    heathercarver96 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    There is a 575 calorie section on their menu. I enjoyed the vegetable lasagna! Oh, yummy!!!

I had that last night! It was yummy yummy!
  • Maleragazza
    Options
    Well, I'm a vegetarian and their site says the only vegetarian options are
    Eggplant Parm = 425 cal for half a plate..
    Fettucini Alfredo = NOOOPE lol
    Capillini =425 for the whole plate.

I chose eggplant parm, with salad (dressing on the side). I figured it be more filling then just noodles. you can also always ask for light sauce and order water instead of a drink =].
  • Leslie1124
    Leslie1124 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    First, order the salad but ask for the dressing to be put on the side or no dressing at all.
    Second, I like the minestrone soup! Lots of veggies and delicious!

She is doing low carb. Its my understanding dressing is allowed and encouraged as it is low carb.
  • Leslie1124
    Leslie1124 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    if you are low carbing. find something with no noodles, bread or sugar. That includes tomato sauces.
  • backpacker44
    backpacker44 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    This minestrone soup is about it. With no breadsticks obviously. On WW that soup is only 2 points per bowl..

JUST the sauce for the Fettuccini Alfredo is 19 points! LOL
  • weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Just ask for grilled chicken and a side of veggies!
    I trying to do low carb. I don't want to go overboard and just eat what I want. I do usually have a cheat meal every week, but I still want to make a healthy choice.
  • weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    chicken and veg... very low cal haha
    I trying to do low carb. I don't want to go overboard and just eat what I want. I do usually have a cheat meal every week, but I still want to make a healthy choice.

yeah... nothing really. it's all crazy high calorie - even the soup + salad if you have those ****ing breadsticks. Just order what you like, eat whatever you want, and jump back on the horse tomorrow. :)
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Herb-Grilled Salmon has 7g carbs and under 400mg of sodium =)
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Venetian Apricot chicken. Skip the soup and breadsticks, and go easy on the salad.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Haven't eaten there in years, but I do like this soup -
    http://restaurant.food.com/recipe/olive-garden-copycat-zuppa-toscana-38298
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I like their new Lasagna Primavera of the light menu. I also like the Venetian Apricot Chicken. Both are *very* reasonable for fat and calories. the chicken is obviously lower carb than the lasagna. The biggest challenge at O.G. is staying away from the breadsticks!
  • StrongerJess
    StrongerJess Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Their napkins! :flowerforyou:
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    the water...?

Yep. The salad at Olive Garden isn't even healthy -- soup is actually a better choice than salad. When I eat there, I go with the intention of using it as a cheat meal, and I don't go there very often.
  • summery79
    summery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I skip the bread sticks and salad (I do lots of salad at home, my salad is better) and do the Venetian apricot chicken, or the Seafood Brodetto. They have other lowish cal options as well. I get a bowl of minestrone soup (100 cal) to eat while my family snarfs the bread sticks.

They also have these little tiny delicious desserts, the dolcini I believe they are called for 210-300 cals. Not healthy of course, but I like the small portions.

I have always had really low blood pressure, so I don't worry about the sodium. If you are worried about the sodium, eating out is hard!
  • run_way
    run_way Posts: 220
    Options
    I :heart: their minestrone soup! ~160 calories per bowl and it is delicious (and bottomless, so you don't have to worry about going hungry). You can try to low-carb it and don't have any breadsticks, otherwise try to limit to one. Yum! :smile:

ETA: low carb is not Italian food friendly - you can get some chicken but it will be smothered in sodium, fat, and cheese :/
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Venetian Apricot chicken. Skip the soup and breadsticks, and go easy on the salad.

Has over 1000mg of sodium :/
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Why would you go to an Italian pasta restaurant if you're trying to eat low carb? Why torture yourself?