RIP Joe Weider

Options
taso42
taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
I can't seem to find an article with the details of his passing, but evidently, Joe Weider, the father of modern bodybuilding passed away today March 23, 2013, at age 92.

Replies

• __Karl__
    __Karl__ Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just wow.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    92? Holy cow. RIP :flowerforyou:
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    rip:flowerforyou:
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    RIP
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
    Options
    Father of modern day bodybuilding. Thanks for bringing it into my life.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Oh wow....RIP
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    NAsser el sonbaty died on wednesday also.
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    R.I.P. :flowerforyou:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
    Options
    NAsser el sonbaty died on wednesday also.
    Saw that too. Nasser was still juicing and 300lbs.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    The father of bodybuilding.. RIP!
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    He wasn't the father of anything. He was the Pimp of Bodybuilding.

RIP and I'm happy he lived a long life. But all he did on this Earth was make money like any other successful businessman.

All you people giving him props for being the father of bodybuilding probably thought there were WMD's in Iraq too. Seek out the truth. Don't believe #$$# just because everyone else says it.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

RIP and I'm happy he lived a long life. But all he did on this Earth was make money like any other successful businessman.

All you people giving him props for being the father of bodybuilding probably thought there were WMD's in Iraq too. Seek out the truth. Don't believe #$$# just because everyone else says it.

u mad? what's the matter, ran out of hair mousse today and it ruined your gym session?
  • BrainsOnGains
    BrainsOnGains Posts: 282 Member
    Options

No Joe Weider = No Arnold .
  • BrainsOnGains
    Options

I am sure you have never done any of the exercises and techniques he founded . BTW he is the father of supplements also.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Well I guess the proof is in the pudding, 92 is a long life.
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options

This doesn't make any sense. You make it sound like making money off something you love and something you helped build in the world is evil? it should be admired.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

No Joe Weider = No bodybuilding. Period
    Bodybuilding would have died in the 50's, if it wasn't for Weider bringing it to the masses.
  • BrainsOnGains
    Options

No Joe Weider = No bodybuilding. Period
    Bodybuilding would have died in the 50's, if it wasn't for Weider bringing it to the masses.
    QFT